No announcement yet.

1964 Cruiser Production with R2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, I agree with the comments completely, but hope it doesn't change hands anytime soon! I loved seeing the older 1989 pics and have emailed Craig to tell me what he can about the car and who owned it at the time of the pictures. I would like more pictures if he has any.

quote:Originally posted by PlainBrownR2

I can't help but crack a smile when I see the fender and body on the car. The '89 photo shows primer around the fender but the vehicle retains its paint color. The '00 photos I put up, the paint is gone from the body, but is retained on the fender. Still the primer in and around the outside of the fender. The next set of photos I hope to see a nice shiny paint job and a complete engine bay, before it changes hands again. [)] [:P] I feel like this car is working on geologic time, lol.....
    small part of Studebaker heaven in Central Kentucky

Comment

I know Steve Hinshaw and will ask if he has any pictures of the car when he owned it, he has been in the club since the start and has a lot of "R" cars in his life.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

[QUOTE=lexmale43;8027]I have seen a lot of questions on how many R powered cars, but none for the 1964 Cruisers. I have a R2 version that origionally came with the HD auto column shift, buckets etc, and haven't seen another.
        So how many brothers did this car have? Steve

A legendary Sydney (Aust) dealer ordered direct from South bend a 1964 Cruiser R2 with the following specs. Strato Blue with blue vinyl interior. Four speed floor trans. Disc brakes. Bucket seats. HD shocks & springs all around. Tinted glass. Twin traction. This vehicle was assembled RHC on the assembly line. Serial number is 64V 8870 with final assy date of 27th Sept 1963.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

Is the car still around Jim? Smart fellow to order such a nice vehicle.
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
            Is the car still around Jim? Smart fellow to order such a nice vehicle.
            I last saw it in 1995 in a NSW coastal town. I would have to check with some NSW members as to its current existance or otherwise.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
            MELBOURNE.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
              I last saw it in 1995 in a NSW coastal town. I would have to check with some NSW members as to its current existance or otherwise.
              Its still with Kevin Orford. I don't think its getting the attention it deserves. It would look nice in your driveway with the Hawk.

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
                Its still with Kevin Orford. I don't think its getting the attention it deserves. It would look nice in your driveway with the Hawk.
                I know the original owner of 64V-14402, which was a black Cruiser with the complete R2 'Super' package, Powershift, rear seat speaker, red cloth buckets, 'Certified' speedometer, AM radio, and not much else. Sadly, he lost track of it in the '70's. He was the Service Manager at my hometown Stude dealer and is still doing well.

When the TW article on Avanti-powered cars came out, I showed him that his was one of only two '64 Cruisers built with the complete 'Super' package. I remember him saying, in increasing levels of amazement, "Two? Two?!!!"
                Last edited by Bill Pressler; 07-04-2011, 06:18 AM. Reason: added interior color
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                X