Chile Studebaker Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chile Studebaker Museum

In a very unlikely place, the Chilean Andes, I ran across a car museum with over 50 old cars -- most of them Studebakers. It's the Auto Museum Moncopulli --...

Robert Kapteyn

I hope its not on the Chilean coast!!!

Craig

Comment

Nice assortment of vehicles, even the non-Studebakers. Thank you for posting this.

Comment

What a fun vidieo. What Jane lacked in details...she more than makes up for it in enthusiasm. I wanted to yell at the computer and say "STOP." 'cause I wanted to see more.

"There's another Studebaker!" was not sufficient information. But the childlike enthusiasm and excitement she has is endearing. Comments led me to conclude that she must have been on a tour schedule and could not linger.

Thinking of the huge earthquake they experienced in Chile yesterday...I hope all is safe.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Thanks for posting.

I think a video like this of the cars in your lower level would also be of great interest to folks on the forum.
          Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
          1961 Hawk 4-speed
          1967 Avanti
          1961 Lark 2 door
          1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Wow, what an impressive collection. The collector was clearly fond of Studebakers, seemed like nearly half of the cars.
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Yessir... Neat museum.
              Discussed earlier.....

and

and

We visited the Moncopulli Car Museum and acquired great knowledge about mid-century classic cars. Find out the history of a family closely related to this type of vehicles.

and

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

This collection belongs to my friend Bernardo Eggers in Osorno, Chile. Buzz Beckman and I went to visit Bernardo in 2000 and spent an enjoyable week with him and his family. The trip was covered extensively in a TW article. Osorno, by the way, is far south in Chile and the earthquake was much further north. He is also far enough inland not to be concerned about tidal waves. Incidentally he and his family were in South Bend for the Intl meet in 2012. Photo below shows Bernardo and his wife at right and 3 daughters. The two gringos are unidentified but the tall one I think has taken a strong liking to that pretty senorita!

More here: https://www.google.com/search?q=chil...w=1536&bih=738

and: http://www.interpatagonia.com/paseos...i/index_i.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5791 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	1688431
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Ironically I just received the note below from Bernardo via Buzz Beckman:

Dear friends:

I want to share with all of you a very special moment in my life: On Thursday 27th March, being the anniversary of our city (Osorno), I was given the key of the city and appointed as "Illustrious son of Osorno".

In the morning there was a parade that included our classic and vintage cars. Ruth, my wife, driving the Studebaker Avanti stopped in front of the official grandstand where he Authorities of Osorno and the region had invited me to joint them. She left the car and gave us her greetings. Participants and spectators gave her a warm applause.

In the afternoon the key of the city was presented to me as well as the official appointment.

From the deep of my heart I want to thank to all of you for being part of my life and let me to receive this recognition that belongs to all my family

Thanks for being friends of mine

With love as always

Bernardo

Click image for larger version

Name:	bernardo avanti.jpg
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1688432Click image for larger version

Name:	bernardo ruth.jpg
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1688433

Richard Quinn

Comment

That's wonderful, well done to Bernardo and family.
                    John Clements
                    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

There is an entire Studebaker Chapter in one building!
                      Ed Sallia
                      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Well done, indeed. Thanks for posting.
                        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Looks like the earthquake was happening when she was filming,LOL. But what a nice collection to own. More Studes on the row she didnt get to.
                          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I think I recall Bernardo was hoping to add an Avanti to his collection...if that was the case it's very nice to see he seems to have succeeded!

S.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                              I think I recall Bernardo was hoping to add an Avanti to his collection...if that was the case it's very nice to see he seems to have succeeded!

S.
                              Yes, you are correct Steve. It fulfilled a long time dream when he got that car about 2 years ago. Believe it is the only Avanti in Chile.
                              Richard Quinn

Comment

Working...
                              X