Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this too much money,or am I out to lunch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this too much money,or am I out to lunch?

Heck. I AM already out to lunch! I admit it too. But what is your opinion on this fine wagon? Too high or too low??http://lansing.craigslist.org/cto/4253704371.html
    Attached Files

Look to be a very nice Lark. But, I think there has to be some wiggle room on that price.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

'Nice battery hold-down. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I admit I'm waaaay out of touch with reality after reading Sports Car Market and my recent attempts to buy a (non-Studebaker) car.
        If it's that nice mechanically with AC, doesn't seem THAT bad. They say wagons are the next big thing...

Yes, it does need paint, but then again, if the mechanicals check out....

It seems $5000 is the entry level for any decent used car....
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

With those very expensive and nice Gauges, Aluminum Radiator, R1 Clone Engine, good aftermarket A/C Installation, Alternator conversion, beautiful Interior AND appearing to be a real, rare Regal VIII Wagon, I would say it is a good buy at a "wiggle" around 7-8,000.

Take a good Look at it underneath and check out that body line under the Right corner of the Windshield to see why it does not line up to the Moulding straight line. A bent Moulding or Seal is no big deal, but a warped BODY is!
          Last edited by StudeRich; 01-30-2014, 03:58 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Dang Rich,good eyes!!

Comment

I like that car very much from what I can see, but I cheated, I zoomed those right front Pics in when I saw this:

StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Aw just donate it to me, and I'll take that headache off your hands!

Comment

Everything is worth exactly what the buyer will pay for it

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

a couple things: Rich, what do you see in that right, front close-up that is (might be) mis-aligned ? and 2nd.....I can hope that the price is somewhat close cause I have a car just like this coming up for sale in a month or so......SW car, fresh Ermine White paint , NOS interior, 3sp/OD, HH, radio, heater, No power anything or AC......pics for anyone interested.......

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
                      a couple things: Rich, what do you see in that right, front close-up that is (might be) mis-aligned?
                      The first clue is found in the ad~

"Paint is original but looks like the front was resprayed at some point previous repair has some cracking on right front fender, minor. Rear driver side door has a dent"

The second clue is in the pictures of that area~
                      the windshield moulding looks to fit oddly in the lower right corner.

One last thing because my opinion has not changed since the last time we discussed this car--

DIG THOSE GAUGES!!!

StudeDave '57
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I agree with StudeRich and others about the underside of the car, and some wiggle room on that $9500. Offer $7900 and go from there!! Looks very nice in the pics.

Comment

Looks like the windrow trim is bent more than anything else. If that was the result of an accident there would be lots of other fitment issues. I don't know about you guys, but to me anything 50 years old in really nice shape like this car and useable is worth in the vicinity of $10,000. Heck that's 1/3 of the price of a decent new car.

Comment

I'm not so sure on the "R1" clone engine. Throwing chrome valve covers and a el-cheapo chrome air cleaner does not make it an R1. Where's the breather tube? Harmonic Balancer? Who knows if it is even a 289 crank? Even the throttle kicker is installed the wrong way. I'm leary on this R1 statement.

Allen
                            Last edited by studebaker-R2-4-me; 01-31-2014, 12:41 PM.
                            1964 GT Hawk
                            PSMCDR 2014
                            Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                            PSMCDR 2013
                            Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Seems like a fair price to me............
                              Jack White
                              Charlotte,NC
                              North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Working...
                              X