1963 Studebaker lark 4 door sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Studebaker lark 4 door sedan

I have a 1963 Studebaker lark 4 door Sedan (vanity model) that the guy that used to rent from me has giving me to pay off some of the back rent he owes me.

I don't know much about it, other than it has the original title, I believe he is the third owner.

I think it runs "with a good battery" I know it used to run as my neighbor used it in his wedding..

if anyone is interested in it or knows anywhere I should take it I'm in Chelsea Michigan. I already contacted the Studebaker museum in Illinois but I guess they have one already

thanks
    Richard
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Manduck2k3; 01-18-2014, 12:54 PM.

The burning question to be asked is "How Much"?????

Comment

Originally posted by AKAchamptrucking View Post
      The burning question to be asked is "How Much"?????
      That's good question.. Honestly I'd like to get around $5000 but the only thing I can find to value it was the nada classic cars thing which said $4275 low retail $9200 average retail $15,500 high retail. If I'm am being outlandish please let me know.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Manduck2k3; 01-18-2014, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Manduck2k3 View Post
        That's good question.. Honestly I'd like to get around $6000 but the only thing I can find to value it was the nada classic cars thing which said $4275 low retail $9200 average retail $15,500 high retail. If I'm am being outlandish please let me know.

You should check the completed listings on E-Bay to see what comparable cars sell for. I think at 6K you are optimistic. Steve
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
          You should check the completed listings on E-Bay to see what comparable cars sell for. I think at 6K you are optimistic. Steve
          Ok 5k it is (honestly I'll consider all offers) .. Thanks for the advice I'll check it out. Sucky thing is my main car died recently so anything I get out of it is going strait towards that..

Oh oh it's been barn stored for the entire time he's owned it..
          Last edited by Manduck2k3; 01-18-2014, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Manduck,......When You posted 'Lark vanity', I thought You were referring to the glove box vanity that was offered on those cars!

Comment

I thought the same thing! It is the top line "Lark" four door sedan, the Custom model. Nice car!
              Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
              Manduck,......When You posted 'Lark vanity', I thought You were referring to the glove box vanity that was offered on those cars!

Comment

Thank you both I changed it to a better description.. It has the original title and a book that tells woman how to seduce cops.. Along with actual car stuff ..though to be honest I haven't read the book so I can't verify that it's just what he told me..
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey, I have that same edition 1963 Motor's Auto Repair Manual! What chapter has the 'How a woman can seduce cops' instructions in it?

Comment

Not sure yet just what he told me.. My guess is that the original owners manual would have something weird like that. Not the repair book..

Comment

Here is the best comparison you will ever find, same '63 Lark Custom 4 Door, 259 V8 Automatic, same Rose Mist paint but with a New Interior, and freshly overhauled Engine that took about 5 weeks to get the $4500.00 Buy it Now asking price, a much better Car.
                      So I think you would be closer at a $3500 starting eBay Auction and it could get bid to 4000.

Last edited by StudeRich; 01-18-2014, 01:49 PM.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I haven't ebayed in a good while. Seem to remember they get a chunk if it sells or something.. I'll do some craigslist add at $4000 see how it goes.. Thanks for the info really appreciate it!

Comment

Before you list it check the floors, including the trunk, and frame for rust. Anyone really interested is going to ask about those areas specifically. Rust seems to start in the floors at the base of the divider posts between the doors or the drivers foot area. Frames usually rot over or around the rear wheels or right at the front doors. Assuming that is the original paint the car looks reasonably solid but you will be asked about those areas. Too far away from me and I am not interested at the prices quoted but I do like the car and would bid the car at auction (E-bay or Proxibid since I wouldnt gamble on attending a live auction that far away) assuming it is not a rust bucket. Best of luck, Steve
                          sigpic

Comment

Craigs list is free-start at 5k,you can always lower the price! An important question hasn't been addressed: With all the previous rust repairs showing their age,HOW'S the Frame?[pics of the frame,if it's solid,will really help sell the car. Good Luck!!
                            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Another forum member with a comparable Lark. Steve
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X