1963 Studebaker lark 4 door sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    Hey, I have that same edition 1963 Motor's Auto Repair Manual! What chapter has the 'How a woman can seduce cops' instructions in it?
    My 1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire had a little booklet in the glove box
    It was called "Alice in Larkland" I think it had some info for women only in it.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by 52hawk View Post
      Craigs list is free-start at 5k,you can always lower the price! An important question hasn't been addressed: With all the previous rust repairs showing their age,HOW'S the Frame?[pics of the frame,if it's solid,will really help sell the car. Good Luck!!

Ill see see if I can get it up on the hoist to take pics of the under side.. I think the trunk might be rusted through.. Not all that sure.. I'd hate if it turns out to be more of a parts car.. If only it was yellow :-)

Comment

Yeah just the little thing in there about hiking your skirt up a bit to attract a helpful guy to change your flat tire, not a Cop.
        Might not be the thing to do today, and even worse to suggest it!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Here is the best comparison you will ever find, same '63 Lark Custom 4 Door, 259 V8 Automatic, same Rose Mist paint but with a New Interior, and freshly overhauled Engine that took about 5 weeks to get the $4500.00 Buy it Now asking price, a much better Car.
          So I think you would be closer at a $3500 starting eBay Auction and it could get bid to 4000.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Studeba...vip=true&rt=nc
          ......and Rich, YOU of all Studebaker officianado's didn't buy it?? It would have been a very nice daily driver for tooling around in Ferndale!
          JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Originally posted by JimsLeadCommander View Post
            ......and Rich, YOU of all Studebaker officianado's didn't buy it?? It would have been a very nice daily driver for tooling around in Ferndale!
            The cost to get it to Ferndale would be a bit much Jim.

StudeDave '57
            Last edited by StudeDave57; 01-18-2014, 04:50 PM.
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

OK: what is it about all of those 1963 Stude 4 doors coming out of the woodwork over the last few years?
              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

And in Rose Mist, no less!!!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Yeah if it wasn't pink.. Heck if it was yellow I'd keep it.. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Manduck2k3 View Post
                    I already contacted the Studebaker museum in Illinois but I guess they have one already
                    There's a Studebaker museum in IL? Where?

And there is no such Lark model called 'Vanity'.
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                    Romans 15:13
                    Deuteronomy 31:6
                    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                      There's a Studebaker museum in IL? Where?

And there is no such Lark model called 'Vanity'.

Every other regular here has already noticed these minor errors, but have had the courtesy not to jump the OP on one of his first posts. We'll get him later when he gets hooked on Studebakers.

Welcome, Richard. Nice little Lark. I hope you keep it...at least for a while. Stick around here. Most of us are more than willing to help you learn about them and make it a nice and unique driver.
                      Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                        Every other regular here has already noticed these minor errors, but have had the courtesy not to jump the OP on one of his first posts. We'll get him later when he gets hooked on Studebakers.

Welcome, Richard. Nice little Lark. I hope you keep it...at least for a while. Stick around here. Most of us are more than willing to help you learn about them and make it a nice and unique driver.
                        All I did was ask a legitimate question, and offer a simple correction.
                        Last edited by Bob Andrews; 01-19-2014, 06:27 PM. Reason: Edited to remove obvious conclusion
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Sorry I mean in Indiana "201 S. Chapin Street South Bend, IN 46601" as for "vanity model" I mean target demographically for woman but maybe I'm wrong.. I do have the origional title from 1963 though it was folded in half and has sense split.. hmm maybe I should try tracking down the original owner..

"To err is human to forgive divine" meh I goofed I'll own it :-)

I think ima call around locally and see if I can find someone who might know it's restoration cost.. Sry but if I drive it I'm gonna paint it..
                          Last edited by Manduck2k3; 01-19-2014, 06:30 PM.

Comment

For whatever it's worth I put a battery in it and she turns over.. heck even the wipers work.. :-) Idk about you but that makes me excited.

Comment

For whatever it's worth I put a battery in it and she turns over.. heck even the wipers work.. :-) Idk about you but that makes me excited.
                              Just wait until you hear it run for the first time!
                              Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yeah if it wasn't pink.. Heck if it was yellow I'd keep it.. :-)
                                a late "welcome" to the forum!

if you still plan on selling her, the "Rose Mist" color is quite desirable to potential Lark buyers.

if you decide to keep her - then it's your car and your money making whatever changes you want... some may b!+ch and moan about changes but the most important thing is to have fun with her!!!
                                Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
                                X