possible good buy for someone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible good buy for someone

Hard to tell for sure with the limited number of pictures, but this could be a good buy at $3500. I know nothing more about it.

I asked earlier for many more pictures. Will post if I get them.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
      I asked earlier for many more pictures. Will post if I get them.
      It seems if you were really serious about the car being a sub-30K example you would want to back that up with as many pictures as E-pay would allow...

Comment

If that car has been a northeast car all its life (it has a Mass. plate on the front), Look for rust underneath. Back in the mid 70s I knew of an all original 63 Ford Falcon conv. that looked pristine on the outside. The owner scrapped it when the frame buckled due to rust. But then again, that was a Ford

Comment

Guys, I got pictures from the seller.

I think this car is a STEAL.

The pictures show a beautiful interior. Headliner, dash, seats and door panels are great. Seats are redone in incorrect but beautiful tweed. Inside the trunk is clean, and looks rust-free underneath.

If I could I would hit the BIN. If a ready buyer sees the pictures I got, it will be grabbed up quickly. It's one of those rare cases where the car is well underpriced, and didn't know how to do a proper listing.

Somebody needs to get after this car!
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob, are you gonna post them here for us too view ?
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Here's a few:

Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Well, the seats have been completely reupholstered; so, so much for the all-original interior claim!

Nice battery hold-down, though. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Well, the seats have been completely reupholstered; so, so much for the all-original interior claim! Nice battery hold-down, though. BP
                  Yes and a TERRIBLE combination of Colors as well, TWO on the Door Panels; Rose and Chestnut was plenty, one of the Two SHOULD have been matched on the Seats instead of that way off Carmel Color.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'd say if it was a V8 he'd have a good shot at $3500...even with the (nicer than stock) redone interior.
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                      I'd say if it was a V8 he'd have a good shot at $3500...even with the (nicer than stock) redone interior.
                      Agreed. If it was a V8 car, it would be worth starting out at $3,500 and then redoing the seats! BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

BTW, a 63 Lark would have cream colored wheels. I wonder if the whole car has been repainted? (plus the car looks brown in the ad and the firewall looks rose mist in the pics Bob posted...but that could be just the lighting)

Also, no wide whites in 63.
                        Last edited by Dick Steinkamp; 11-06-2013, 08:00 PM.
                        Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick, I think you're right about the paint mis-match.
                          Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                          BTW, a 63 Lark would have cream colored wheels. I wonder if the whole car has been repainted? (plus the car looks brown in the ad and the firewall looks rose mist in the pics Bob posted...but that could be just the lighting)

Also, no wide whites in 63.
                          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Yep I thought that Tan Paint did not look like anything Factory, just still ANOTHER "Seller" that does not know what he is selling.
                            It's a good thing Bob did not go out and buy it, by the time we got finished it's pretty much done.

But it still is a very clean looking Car, just not very much value there.
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I think you guys are nuts! Here's a running car with clean interior in excellent condition, perfect headliner, rust-free body, new premium battery, new exhaust, all new tune-up parts, solid and clean underneath. If it checks out to be as pictured, you get a collector car that could be a daily driver, that is turn-key or close to it. Sure not everything is "factory correct", but for that money, so what? The seats are better than anything Studebaker ever offered in that model, and the car has been well-preserved.

I think that with a car like this, a person is not likely to be sitting at an IM hoping for a 400 score. The non-mechanically inclined can get an old car that's all ready to get in and drive, or very close to it; and all for the cost of a cheapo paint job or interior rehab. And let's not forget, the BIN is $3500; it might be had for even less tha that!

I think you guys are WAY off on this one. If I wasn't already overloaded I'd buy it just for the fun of it!

You newbies to the club, pay no attention to these nerds. For that price, no way you can get hurt!

Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X