Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T.O. VIDEO-- Warming up the R1--- UPDATE !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.O. VIDEO-- Warming up the R1--- UPDATE !!!!

T.O. and I have the R1 on the test stand (dyno). Getting some good long test runs in fore gettin' ready for the coupe. Click on picture for video.

UPDATE. We are moving slow, but making a little progress. The test runs all showed great oil pressure. Great compression and no noises. There was a miss on one cylinder. The crankshaft end play was out of spec. And, the carb had a booster pump problem. So, T O and I tore her down and found a intake gasket leak causing the skip, on first test. Changed gaskets and solved the miss. Checked dist advance and cond--OK. Then we tore her down a little more. Oil pan and timing cover, oil pump and timing gear. Found front main worn on thrust. Replaced mains and rod bearaings, checking all clearances. Had to order a .003 shim. got the crank thrust at two and a half. Replacing the oil pump with a helical gear. Need the cam end play to lessen about two. Cam gear looked new. Now we are going to machine the timing cover and replace the felt seal with a lip seal. Adjust the cam end play and in the meantime try to decide on replacing the cam with a little different profile. Pictures coming. Its cold and my job is taking a lot of time right now. AND I AM GITTIN OLD> LOL
    Last edited by Flashback; 12-15-2013, 10:31 AM. Reason: Update

T.O.'s the man!

I introduced my grandson to Studes in the late 90's. He's 17 now. Today I helped him pull in the front bumper of his 1981 e21 320i for better looks and change out the lower radiator hose. He may not be totally into Studes, but he's a gear head. That counts.

You are doing just right with T.O.
    Last edited by Dick Steinkamp; 10-27-2013, 05:24 PM.
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

update in orig post

Comment

Working...
      X