Fellow Claims Super Lark In Barn 25 Years $10,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellow Claims Super Lark In Barn 25 Years $10,000

Long story short......I saw some Studebakers in a yard. I left a note asking if any were for sale. They all appear to be getting killed slowly by the weather.

A fellow calls me and says everything he owns is for sale......So we start talking cars. He claims he owns 22 cars, about ten here in N.J. and about 12 in The Catskills in a barn.

In the barn he says there are many Studebakers (post war) and a Super Lark. He has not moved these in years. He says he'll sell the Super Lark for $10,000.

So I'm more of a one car one garage guy and I have my fill, but is that something you or I should pursue?

Originally posted by jg61hawk View Post
    Long story short......I saw some Studebakers in a yard. I left a note asking if any were for sale. They all appear to be getting killed slowly by the weather.

A fellow calls me and says everything he owns is for sale......So we start talking cars. He claims he owns 22 cars, about ten here in N.J. and about 12 in The Catskills in a barn.

In the barn he says there are many Studebakers (post war) and a Super Lark. He has not moved these in years. He says he'll sell the Super Lark for $10,000.

So I'm more of a one car one garage guy and I have my fill, but is that something you or I should pursue?
    You probably wont get a decent night's sleep until You at least go and see it!

Comment

Maybe get a list of All the Studebakers for sale. Maybe there might be some non Super Lark bargains! <G>

Comment

Get some details and let us know. Yes for sure there is interest.
        Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        58 C Cab
        57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

If you can get the serial number of the car, then some one here can verify if it's a Super Lark
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I'm alway interested in a superlark please PM me if your not interested.
            John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Yeah, I have to talk to him and get a list with what he wants. I can photograph the local stuff and try to see if he is for real or what. I guess I'm asking too is $10,000 crazy high for something that has not moved in 25 years. I saw the stuff in his yard he wanted $5,000 for a four door Lark that doesn't look too good. He has a 60 Convertible Lark but the roof is open and sitting. He said the hog troughs (do Larks have them?) are rotted and he wanted $8,000. I'll follow up on this within the next two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by jg61hawk View Post
                /Cut/He has a 60 Convertible Lark but the roof is open and sitting. He said the hog troughs (do Larks have them?) are rotted and he wanted $8,000. I'll follow up on this within the next two weeks.
                Yes, Convertibles sure do have Hog Troughs.
                I think he is dreaming though about "Yard Stored" Cars having that much value, sure Converts are more valuable, but also destroyed the worst when outside and open.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Definitely interested in the super lark. PM sent.

Comment

Here's a picture of the one I bought about 5 years ago. This one was, a 64 Daytona, FULL PACKAGE, supercharged 4 speed car, traction bars, 160 speedo, tach, disc brakes. Red with black interior. Very solid car. I sold it shortly after I got it, for a lot. I probably could have got better than $10K, had I advertised it, but I was very happy with the sale and the buyer. He is very happy with the car as well. My friends from OZ were quite miffed cuz I didn't offer it to them. But in all fairness, I did not even know they were looking for a car like this.
                    Point is, That 63 is worth a bunch of money if its complete, and has the unobtanium parts. Make sure its a Super Lark, and then check to see if it has the "full package" parts. That's where the value jumps. Good Luck.

sals54

Comment

'63 Larks with Avanti Power are the most common, so are the easiest to find.
                      The very few late '63 actual "Super Larks" are one in a Million so to speak, and then '64's with Avanti Power are much more likely to be "Super Larks" but a lot fewer '64 Larks in general were built.
                      So the bottom line is that most probably it is an Avanti Powered Lark, worth more but not the MOST.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There are people that sell things,.... There are people that have things for sale.
                        Guy will croak and his son in law will sell them for peanuts.

Goes hand in hand with there are things that are rare because you can't find them,... There are things that are rare because,.....?

It's just that simple.

Dean.

Comment

We need a SERIAL NUMBER! BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Say, I'm in Rahway if you're looking for a 2nd pair of eyes. PM me.

Comment

Depending on how bad these cars are you might point out to him that he should consider offers from people who know what they are really worth in their condition. His alternative is to either let them rot into the ground or pay someone to haul them out of his yard.
                              Ed Sallia
                              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                              X