Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Bruise" (65 Commander) is a runner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget the Hotdogs !!

Comment

I've had one of Paul's hotdogs, and they won't let you forget.
      Bill Foy
      1000 Islands, Ontario
      1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Billy View Post
        I've had one of Paul's hotdogs, and they won't let you forget.

Like Larry the Cable guys says......I don't care who you are ...that's funny <g>
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I had a 65 Commander 2 Dr with 194 and 3spd back in HS, when I wore the 194 out, the #1 piston was actually slapping around in the cylinder, I put a 250 from a 1/2 ton truck and a full syncro 3spd from behind a 327 into it with a 3.07 rear axle. Took it a bit to get rolling, but would cruise over 70 all day long and get decent mileage. I drove that car all through college, but being an old Iowa car that had been re-built multiple times, it finally rotted out to the point it was not worth fixing. Great car, and fun to drive. I am a big fan of those Chevy 6 Cyl's. Very reliable and nice to drive. I always wanted to put the split exhaust or headers on it and a 2 carb intake, but never got there. Might be a good project for down the road!

Comment

She's baaaaack...Here's "The Bruise" at Flamborough Canadian Tire yesterday. Stalled once, after coming back onto a regular street following her first spell of highway driving in who knows how many years...otherwise is running fine...and that isn't rust on the hood, it's dirt...haven't even washed the car yet. Hope to drive the '65 again today.

S.

Comment

Attaboy. Only two more feet of snow to melt and mine will be free, too!
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I put a different front clip on my Lark, different color of course, and drove it for years. Everyone wanted to know when I was going to paint it. "It is painted, two-tone. Just front to rear, not top to bottom as usual" Finally got it painted.

Comment

Yeah, now I've got two of these old beasts for people to ask me when they'll be painted... ;-)

Actually now having found some rattle-can light metallic blue (surprisingly tough to locate!), I'm going to get the '65 at least more nearly all one colour again, starting ASAP with the replacement left rear fender. Am now mulling two-toning the two black front fenders and leaving the hood black...to which would be added a large SDC Hamilton Chapter crest. Eventually though the intention is overall blue, whether an approximation of Laguna as per original or dark Executive Blue. Much else has to happen before that, though...

Dave W...two feet of snow...bleccchh! Man I hate winter. Yesterday, finally, was sheer heaven. But we're supposed to get snow Thursday.

S.

Comment

Must be tough. It's 73 here as I write this, but I remember how hard it was when I lived in South Dakota. We would have snow on the ground and I knew at home my parents trees were turning green. Hang in there.
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Why not Paint it the original '65 Tahitian Turquoise GREEN! P6476 ?

http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.asp...baker-pg03.jpg

That is an unusual color and not bad looking.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I like the double bumper guards! It looks cool

Comment

That turquoise resembles Timberline, the hue of the final '66...nice colour, but it would shout at the '65's unequivocally-blue interior!

Hey, somebody besides the '65's previous owner likes the quad bumper guards! I'd been thinking of taking all four off, actually; maybe I should leave 'em, it gives an already-distinctive car that little bit more extra character...

Comment

Two of the Bumper guards mounted inboard as they should be fit and continue the body line created by the inward canted sides of the Grille and look Great, FOUR, well...not so much!
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                            X