Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Lark Racing 1959-1962

Hi All

I'm new to the forum and signing in from the UK. I'm a historic race here in Europe and looing for any information to help me with a project to build an run a lark to the spec that raced at Sebring in '59 and other places like Daytona through 1962.

Any pictures (esp colour) info and knowledge would be very gratefully received.
    Thanks

Ben

Welcome to the forum, Ben. A Lark race in Europe would be fun to watch. 59 was the first year for the Lark and if one ran at Sebring that would be wild. They were great in economy runs. Hope someone on the forum can provide more info.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Ben.

Here is some good stuff for you:
      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=sebring
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The Lark race cars that I am familiar with are the 1960 models that H&M prepared for Petite LeMans. I researched them a number of years ago and sent the interview information and pictures in to the Turning Wheels Editor.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

This is the best I can find for now.

Larger sizes here but it won't let you save them.
          The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            The Lark race cars that I am familiar with are the 1960 models that H&M prepared for Petite LeMans. I researched them a number of years ago and sent the interview information and pictures in to the Turning Wheels Editor.
            Hi there
            That's really interesting...do you still have that info? I'd love to see it.

Comment

Hi there

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Shuckburgh View Post
                Hi there
                No, I sent all of the pictures and interview information to the Turning Wheels Editor thinking that a story would be made of it. That didn't happen. I should have delayed sending it long enough to make copies, but I didn't, sorry.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

No, I sent all of the pictures and interview information to the Turning Wheels Editor thinking that a story would be made of it. That didn't happen. I should have delayed sending it long enough to make copies, but I didn't, sorry.
                  How annoying that they never sent it back....

Comment

Working...
                  X