Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warrlaw1
    replied
    The PSMCDR's web site now has 2013 photos posted on Fbook. Beeeutiful!

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
    Sorry about the color confusion. Just going off the color of another know "Blue Mist" R2 car sitting in someone's yard.

It must be a tricky color to photograph in different temperature light, as the Picture with Nimesh under the hood, the 64 looks two tone. But I see the more true Silver in the pic on the left.

"No problem," Seb.

Actually, 1964 Laguna Blue was the lighter of the two 1964 metallic blues. It was also lighter than 1963 Blue Mist, so if Steve's car was indeed Laguna Blue, you'd find it to be lighter than an authentic Blue Mist 1963 model. BP

Leave a comment:

• SScopelli
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

Actually, Seb; Steve Doerschlag's 1964 R3 Challenger clone next to Nemish' Avanti is Moonlight Silver.

It's an accurate color match, but does seem to have a bluish cast in that photo. It doesn't in real life; it's just as silver as 90% of the new cars sold today. BP

Sorry about the color confusion. Just going off the color of another know "Blue Mist" R2 car sitting in someone's yard.

It must be a tricky color to photograph in different temperature light, as the Picture with Nimesh under the hood, the 64 looks two tone. But I see the more true Silver in the pic on the left.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    I think a look at that sky tells the story, that is really vivid Blue and either the camera or other photo media has it's color off a bit to the Blue side or the sky reflection caused it.
    Either way it "appears" to be a perfect match not for '63 Blue Mist but '64 Laguna Blue a silver blue color.

But yes that's Steve's Silver (Bullet) Challenger!

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
    Another of the Red R3 and Blue mist 64..

Actually, Seb; Steve Doerschlag's 1964 R3 Challenger clone next to Nemish' Avanti is Moonlight Silver.

It's an accurate color match, but does seem to have a bluish cast in that photo. It doesn't in real life; it's just as silver as 90% of the new cars sold today. BP

Leave a comment:

• SScopelli
    replied
    Frank, I am sorry; I do not.

I have photos of you lined up against the 1969 SC/Rambler, the yellow Yenko Nova, and the solid red (no vinyl top) 1969 Camaro 396, but none of you and Steve! I'll get photos from other people and if I run across one of them, I'll post or forward. BP
    Another of the Red R3 and Blue mist 64..

Leave a comment:

• SScopelli
    replied
    Roger that, Frank; what's not to like about The Brothers Solanki's gorgeous machine?

Here's Nemish tweaking it Saturday morning:

I'd put a couple of Kobobs on the exhaust and have a snack after a good run..

That engine is so clean you really could eat off it..

Leave a comment:

• warrlaw1
    replied
    Thanks, George. Got my "Pure Stock is the Way to Rock" tee shirt! Could've used a parka Friday morning (lol).

Leave a comment:

• Green53
    replied
    Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Denny L

Leave a comment:

• R3 challenger
    replied
    Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
    Just as building your car is a learning curve, participating in an event like this is, too. After the boys fixed my carb and I took it for a run, I realized that it had never run that good...never. Every little upgrade feels like a new pair of shoes and I had to learn to walk again. In practice runs I found out that the DG200 tranny doesn't want to rev too high to start in first. I tried revving with the brakes on and it started in second. Doh! Then I held the pedal to the mat and the car hit 70 MPH in second but didn't want to shift to third. Learned to listen and let off to allow the tranny to shift. Also learned about staging. In my second run, I hit the pre-stage light and the second light didn't automatically come on. I learned you have 20 seconds to move into position and get staged or you red light. Still, with a crowd like that watching, I had to do something so I floored it and it still went down the track in a straight line. The run tickets tell you a lot about your reaction times, your 60 foot times, your 1/8 mile times and your final MPH. Instant feedback. Luckily the car was so shiny (Peter Sant calls it "Go-fast wax") that it bedazzled and would have been entertaining had anyone been driving. To anyone building an original Stude, I would encourage you to keep at it. And if you get a chance to participate in an event like this, don't hesitate. It's all worth it. The 57 Ford in the pack had a blower! It was a fast car. There was also a 57 Dodge Custom Royal that wanted to participate but didn't pass tech for a lack of seat belts. Pitty. All the cars were gorgeous and it's the nostalgia factor that brings the crowds. Having a goal and getting there...well all the Tony Robbins seminars in the world can't make it happen, but the crew from SDC sure showed me how.
    Dave, we loved having you there and it was good to see you again. Thanks for bringing and entering your '55. It was great to have a Studebaker be the first '55 of any make to ever compete at the Pure Stock Drags, and since the rules don't allow anything older than a '55, you will always have the distinction of having the oldest car one can enter.

I got home yesterday, having driven 2,275 miles round trip, closely followed by a trailer ('went to Ted's first and then up to Stanton.)

'Looking forward to next year. We're also planning to attend the Martin Michigan drags early November. 'Hope they allow snow tires & chains. <GG>

George
    Last edited by R3 challenger; 09-18-2013, 05:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by fastfritz View Post
    Bob- did you get a photo of Steve vs. my GTS from Friday?? We lined up against each other during time trials. We were also the pairing before Steve so we ~almost~ were matched up!
    Frank, I am sorry; I do not.

I have photos of you lined up against the 1969 SC/Rambler, the yellow Yenko Nova, and the solid red (no vinyl top) 1969 Camaro 396, but none of you and Steve! I'll get photos from other people and if I run across one of them, I'll post or forward. BP

Leave a comment:

• studebaker-R2-4-me
    replied
    Does anyone know when the BlipTV link of all three rounds gets put up by Dan? I want to see GIRL POWER in round three when the female competitor would not let up smoking her tires until the boy back down. I had a laugh watching from the stands watching them look at each other with firm determination in the staging lane burnout. That made my day. I really like the Girl Power, and hope to see my girl competing at the Pure Stocks real soon.

Allen

Leave a comment:

• fastfritz
    replied
    Bob- did you get a photo of Steve vs. my GTS from Friday?? We lined up against each other during time trials. We were also the pairing before Steve so we ~almost~ were matched up!

Pekka-was really great to meet you! I can't wait to see some of your photography! You were snapping photos EVERYWHERE!!

Leave a comment:

• PekkaP
    replied
    This was one great event! Worth all the time and miles it took me to get there. Talking to all brand X enthusiasts there was both entertaining and motivating as the Studebaker crowd enjoys such a high level of respect among all the others. Dave W and Nimesh S. showing up this year made a great addition to this. And it was sure nice to hear how respectfully the performance of the R-powered Studebakers and their "pilots" were commented.

Pekka

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by fastfritz View Post
    One of my friends has spectated at the PSMCDR for the last three years. When recapping this year's event at work, the car that got him EXCITED the most was the R3 Avanti of the brothers Nemish and Depish Solanki. This guy's eyes just LIT up when talking about the Avanti for the first time this year! A new Studebaker fan is born! A very nice R3 in my opinion too!
    Roger that, Frank; what's not to like about The Brothers Solanki's gorgeous machine?

Here's Nemish tweaking it Saturday morning:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X