• Show
Clear All

• Cruise ship passengers love my Land Cruiser

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1740418

I took my 51 Land Cruiser to greet the Alaska cruise ship passengers as they returned to the ships last night. I got a huge positive response from lots of folks. The hot rods - not so much. Interesting...
    \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
    Jim Mann
    Victoria, B.C.
    Canada

How`da get your car so close the ships? Do old cars/hot rods have a habit of greeting cruise ship passengers? Cheers, Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Very cool. Sounds like a fun day.
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Beautiful....cruise ship passengers ain't the only ones loving your ride!
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Car folks were invited to have their cars parked by the pier when a cruise ship docked in New London. Great fun...even met a Studebaker owner and another person who had attended the same HS as my wife. Several passengers were from the British Isles and they had great interest in the car made in South Bend.
          "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Here's a special note to SDC members in Montreal, Quebec City, Sydney, Charlottetown, Halifax and Moncton. (Did I miss any?) All summer long the cruise ships stop weekly at your ports. What a great idea it would be to have members regularly show up at the piers to show off your Studebakers...AND build up interest in our marque. Exposing Studebakers to the world is the best form of keeping the name alive.

Stu Chapman

Comment

The cruise ship terminal invites the local hot rod & classic car clubs to display thir vehicles right adjacent to the pier. It's great for tourism.

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
              Jim Mann
              Victoria, B.C.
              Canada

Comment

I have a friend that is finishing up an Alaskan Cruise in Vancouver. They are due back in Iowa on Wednesday.... I wonder if it was their ship? When we cruised out of and into Vancouver a few years back a Stude friend took us to the docks and met us.... but he was driving his "K car" and not his Stude.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                  Here's a special note to SDC members in Montreal, Quebec City, Sydney, Charlottetown, Halifax and Moncton. (Did I miss any?) All summer long the cruise ships stop weekly at your ports. What a great idea it would be to have members regularly show up at the piers to show off your Studebakers...AND build up interest in our marque. Exposing Studebakers to the world is the best form of keeping the name alive.

Stu Chapman
                  Stu, I am very familiar with the cruise ship terminals at Saint John, Charlottetown and Halifax, having been there dozens of times driving charter buses taking ships' passengers on tours. it would be difficult to find an appropriate place at the terminals to have a "meet and greet" with the Studebakers, even if port authorities were willing. Also, we have only a few active SDC members within a reasonable driving distance of these ports. The number of visits by cruise ships this year are: Saint John 63, Charlottetown 70, and Halifax 134 (up to 5 in one day). This would be an excellent idea if it could be made to work, but unfortunately I don't see the logistics with our Chapter's small and scattered membership.
                  Bill Jarvis

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMann View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]27066[/ATTACH]

I took my 51 Land Cruiser to greet the Alaska cruise ship passengers as they returned to the ships last night. I got a huge positive response from lots of folks. The hot rods - not so much. Interesting...
                    Wow, that is great that they allow you guys to have a little car show for the tourists arriving. Nice LC, by the way...
                    sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                    Regal Deluxe Trim
                    Automatic transmission
                    46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

NICE!!!! We don't get many cruise ships here in Yakima, so I'm jealous of course......

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                        I have a friend that is finishing up an Alaskan Cruise in Vancouver. They are due back in Iowa on Wednesday.... I wonder if it was their ship? When we cruised out of and into Vancouver a few years back a Stude friend took us to the docks and met us.... but he was driving his "K car" and not his Stude.
                        FYI, the Alaska cruises that stop in Victoria generally start in Seattle and bypass Vancouver. Vancouver is the start and end of many other Alaskan cruises.

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                        Jim Mann
                        Victoria, B.C.
                        Canada

Comment

First, GORGEOUS Land Cruiser. Just beautiful. My grandfather's first Studebaker was a '51 LC (Maui Blue). It's the only marque he drove thereafter until he died.

Second, the passengers liked your car best because it appears more seaworthy, even buoyant!

Real hot rods belong in the dry lakes, anyway.
                          Andy
                          62 GT

Comment

Working...
                          X