No announcement yet.

Insurance on your Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had Grundy several years ago but a sour experience with them led me to switch to Hagerty. No regrets with Hagerty, they seem to be easier to work with.

Comment

I've had the opposite experience with Grundy as some posters here.

I've been with them for over 10 years. I've probably insured 25 cars with them in total. 3 on the current policy.

I still add cars with just a phone call. No wait, no pictures, no haggling. The last addition was 1 month ago.

Rates beat Hagerty last time I checked. (this may differ by car types, location, claim experience, etc)

I've had one claim (windshield). Hassle free. Paid 100%.
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I have American Collectors Insurance...no deductible, agreed value, coverage increases with inflation. When I made a claim due to an accident several years ago, they sent an adjuster to the body shop...he saw the car and the estimate and simply said "Fix it".

I have no complaints and much to compliment with them.
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I went with Hagerty over J.C. Taylor for one reason. J.C. Taylor wanted me to sign a statement that the car would ONLY be driven for shows, parades and other civic events and not for personal use. Hagerty only asked about how many miles per year the car would be driven and if it was primarily for shows and events. Limited personal use is ok. As others have said, proof of a primary insured car was required. This works out well for me because Illinois has new "expanded" antique license plates. The standard antique plates limit you to shows and events but the "expanded" plates allow any type of use form April through October then revert to limited use from November through March. I've never had a claim and hope I never do, so I can't speak about their claim service. Everyone I've talked to at Hagerty has been helpful. After some discussion with their underwriters we came to an agreed value on the car and I haven't had to contact them since. Periodically they send me an e-mail update.

Comment

Hagerty. easy to work with - agreed value established with photos over the internet. no appraisal required and agreed value coverage of $15,000 total for my two larks - full coverage - no deduct for $160.00/year!!!!!!!!!
            61 lark cruiser
            64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

If mine were a show car, or one that wasn't driven daily, I'd consider Hagerty. As it is, It's truly my daily driver, and I want it to fulfill it's intended purpose, to be driven. So I go with a conventional insurance policy. It's somewhere in the neighborhood of $300/year, but I can drive it, and don't have to make up a story about going to a car show if I were ever involved in an accident.
              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

I have Hagerty coverage for my 76 Avanti. I like the agreed coverage, I increased it this spring and needed some detailed pix of the car so they knew what the car looks like. I needed a tow in Colorado Springs and had no problems getting it arranged through Haperty. My 4 other cars are insured by Country and they were twice the rate Hagerty is charging.
                sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                X