Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Studebaker takes Best of Show today!...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Studebaker takes Best of Show today!...

I was at the Rose Hill Manor car show in Frederick, MD today. Since my Avanti is away for work it couldn't be there. Turnout today was about half of last year's event due to cloudy weather with periods of showers. There were some nice, nice Packards and Hudsons as usual there, even with reduced numbers. Once Packard was unrestored and must have been garaged its whole life...the only flaw I saw was some thin paint in one spot. The chrome and interior upholstery still looked wonderful. The Studebaker division only had one entrant...but it was awarded Best of Show. It was a 1960 Hawk...I didn't get to meet the owners...I believe their last name was Weir...maybe that's misspelled but close.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070913.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	1740303 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070914.JPG
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	1740304 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070915.JPG
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	1740305 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070916.JPG
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	1740306
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Very nice Hawk!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
      I was at the Rose Hill Manor car show in Frederick, MD today. Since my Avanti is away for work it couldn't be there. Turnout today was about half of last year's event due to cloudy weather with periods of showers. There were some nice, nice Packards and Hudsons as usual there, even with reduced numbers. Once Packard was unrestored and must have been garaged its whole life...the only flaw I saw was some thin paint in one spot. The chrome and interior upholstery still looked wonderful. The Studebaker division only had one entrant...but it was awarded Best of Show. It was a 1960 Hawk...I didn't get to meet the owners...I believe their last name was Weir...maybe that's misspelled but close.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26764[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]26765[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]26766[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]26767[/ATTACH]
      'Nice, Bruce; thanks. Nice car.

I just checked all the "Ws" from Virginia in our 2011 (most recent) SDC Roster. Nobody in the "W" section owns a 1960 Hawk, but a Brett and Carol Weare are shown owning a 1960 Lark sedan and 1960 Lark convertible. The information in our current roster is now over two years old, so perhaps they acquired a 1960 Hawk to go with their Larks.

Or not. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        'Nice, Bruce; thanks. Nice car.

I just checked all the "Ws" from Virginia in our 2011 (most recent) SDC Roster. Nobody in the "W" section owns a 1960 Hawk, but a Brett and Carol Weare are shown owning a 1960 Lark sedan and 1960 Lark convertible. The information in our current roster is now over two years old, so perhaps they acquired a 1960 Hawk to go with their Larks.

Or not. BP
        Yes, that is Brett Weare's car. It is the Keystone Raffle car from last year. Brett has a very large collection of cars including Packards, Kaisers, Frazers, Nashs, Henry Js, Hudsons, MoPars and, of course, Studebakers including at least three Zip Vans.1. Most are parts cars
        Last edited by 53k; 08-19-2013, 05:35 AM.
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation, Paul. Now that you mention it, I do remember it being the raffle car. It was/is a nice one. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That's great luck winning an award winning raffle car!
            sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

How often does one not only win a nice car...but one the almost immediately gets Best of Show?
              Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Indeed, Bruce: What excellent testimony as to the quality of Keystone Raffle Cars! BP

Comment

I think the raffle car was forsale right after the raffle . The winner of that car was from Alberta I think. they sure bought a nice car .
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                  X