Driving the Daytona...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving the Daytona...

I've been driving the '64 on a daily basis this summer, due to a daughter home from college and another living at home. After getting over some paranoia about other drivers and remembering to drive defensively, I've really been enjoying the experience! Just yesterday as I was concentrating on rush hour traffic I heard a loud voice and realized the driver next to me was telling me how great the car looked-while cruising along at 35! Good times!

That is really what this club is all about, DRIVING our Studes !
    Keep the greasy side down

Comment

Keep on driving it! That is why you have it! I drive mine every day and get positive comments all the time. The only hard one was when someone ask if I was the original owner....I was only 10 years old when it was made and sold! Other than that I have a smile on my face every day, from driving my car. It is the only way to own a Studebaker.

Mark

Comment

We have had unusually mild weather here in Illinois this summer, so I have been driving the Studes even more than usual. I think I'm up to 2500 studebaker miles this summer. I usually get around 2000 for the entire driving season, which around here is from about April 1 to November 1. So, with a couple more months I could easily break 3000. Gotta love driving those Studebakers!!
        1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Never miss a parade opportunity.

Every club, political organization and candidate looks for an eye catching way to show off their issue/ organization/ person that doesn't cost them bucks. Your Stude solves their problem.

From your side of the equation, you will hold the captive attention of thousands of people for perhaps 30 seconds each while they snap pictures of your vehicle and Mother and the kids ask Dad what kind of car is it?

On the Champ, I applied one of those 12" round "Studebaker Service" decals to a sheet of magnetic backing for each door in parades. For the Speedster I may make a magnetic sign that says "xxxxxxx Studebaker club".

Comment

Bullet
            I had the same question posed to me at a cruise with my '64 wagon. The person asked if I was the original owner! I wasn't sure if that was a compliment or not. I was only 9 when my car was built! I remember crawling around in a SR wagon in my Uncle Al's showroom in Silverdale, PA. Yes we are the DRIVERS club. That's why they were built . Enjoy!
            Rob in PA.

Comment

I don't know that I'll be driving the Daytona on an everyday basis. But the Commander will be a different story.
              Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Bruce enjoy it , that's why you fix these Studebakers up, not for the next owner !
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

We've put over 1,000 miles on our 64 Daytona convertible this summer and thoroughly enjoying the experience. Driving our Studebaker is what it's all about for sure.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Driving your Studebaker in everyday use is great IF you have the proper insurance and registration for that (not restricted collector use).
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                    X