No announcement yet.

Lets Save Lucy - 63 Lark -needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know exactly who it was and myself and a few of my studey loving neighbors have already noted several issues with her unit. notably window tint applied to the windows... bylaws state nothing can be affixed or adhered to the glass.....

Comment

I know exactly who it was and myself and a few of my studey loving neighbors have already noted several issues with her unit. notably window tint applied to the windows... bylaws state nothing can be affixed or adhered to the glass.....

Comment

The glass could be tinted or as with bathroom glass frosted. This is
        weird reading this, since I could sware we registered a vehicle in Ca
        years ago that wasnt running. Without the pink, you do a paperless
        title transfer. Then the car gets registered as Non-operational. Then
        when you get it running/drivable, you take the next steps. If you are
        a AAA member, talk to their DMV department .. they are MUCH more
        help than the DMV itself!

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

The glass could be tinted or as with bathroom glass frosted. This is
          weird reading this, since I could sware we registered a vehicle in Ca
          years ago that wasnt running. Without the pink, you do a paperless
          title transfer. Then the car gets registered as Non-operational. Then
          when you get it running/drivable, you take the next steps. If you are
          a AAA member, talk to their DMV department .. they are MUCH more
          help than the DMV itself!

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
          '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
          Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
          I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

HI Tom, Its not a matter of it not running. I bought the car in a lien sale. The car has not been registered in many years and was not on the dmv system. In order to get the car titled, it has to have a vin verification. As the car is disassembled no engine, windshield, etc. the dmv nor a licensed vin verifier will do anything until the car is complete again. I found this out after having the car towed to dmv for their verifier to look at. They will not do anything until the car is in one piece again.

Comment

HI Tom, Its not a matter of it not running. I bought the car in a lien sale. The car has not been registered in many years and was not on the dmv system. In order to get the car titled, it has to have a vin verification. As the car is disassembled no engine, windshield, etc. the dmv nor a licensed vin verifier will do anything until the car is complete again. I found this out after having the car towed to dmv for their verifier to look at. They will not do anything until the car is in one piece again.

Comment

I guess I need to get this back on the original track...

Ok, I've offered her for sale.. no takers, but several asking for parts. So, it looks like that is how she will be meeting her end. Send me your wish list and PLEASE.. NO WHINING about me taking her apart. I'm not happy about this either. Robe3638@yahoo.com.

Does anyone want to buy the pieces parts... Thats the question. I do not have the funds to finish the car and I'm not in the mood to fight with my association.

Comment

I guess I need to get this back on the original track...

Ok, I've offered her for sale.. no takers, but several asking for parts. So, it looks like that is how she will be meeting her end. Send me your wish list and PLEASE.. NO WHINING about me taking her apart. I'm not happy about this either. Robe3638@yahoo.com.

Does anyone want to buy the pieces parts... Thats the question. I do not have the funds to finish the car and I'm not in the mood to fight with my association.

Comment

Screw the association. When was the last time they did anything for
                    you?? I have one also, everytime I have contacted them about things,
                    they tell me "its not our problem, call _____". I still have this
                    dumb ladder device tied to the neighbors fence behind me with a yellow
                    extention cord, and than an orange extention cord tied to the top of
                    the ladder and to the roof!! I see it out my french doors. Freaking
                    useless organizations that only screw YOU the good neighbors over. If
                    the damn ladder was tied to MY fence, the cord would have been cut the
                    next day. Then there is their barking dog all night, and the smell of
                    dog feces coming through the fence next to our roses.

Sorry ... venting. I would tell the Assoc to ____ off.

Tom

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom
                    I'm not in the mood to fight with my association.

Comment

Screw the association. When was the last time they did anything for
                      you?? I have one also, everytime I have contacted them about things,
                      they tell me "its not our problem, call _____". I still have this
                      dumb ladder device tied to the neighbors fence behind me with a yellow
                      extention cord, and than an orange extention cord tied to the top of
                      the ladder and to the roof!! I see it out my french doors. Freaking
                      useless organizations that only screw YOU the good neighbors over. If
                      the damn ladder was tied to MY fence, the cord would have been cut the
                      next day. Then there is their barking dog all night, and the smell of
                      dog feces coming through the fence next to our roses.

Sorry ... venting. I would tell the Assoc to ____ off.

Tom

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom
                      I'm not in the mood to fight with my association.

Comment

i am moremof a Meade guy dont really care for whine

Erin Hays
                        "From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
                        RZRECTD
                        1961 Hawk
                        1962 Lark
                        1963 Wagonaire

Comment

i am moremof a Meade guy dont really care for whine

Erin Hays
                          "From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
                          RZRECTD
                          1961 Hawk
                          1962 Lark
                          1963 Wagonaire

Comment

Good luck Bob getting your Lark and its buildup done.

Comment

Good luck Bob getting your Lark and its buildup done.

Comment

Lucy is safe.. I'm going to try and squeak around the hoa and keep the garage locked down tight till the car is done. I guess worst case scenario I fing a friend who will let me park it under a tarp. at their place. When it came time to actually sell the parts, I just couldn't do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X