Looked at a Avanti today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looked at a Avanti today

63 Avanti in local auction tonight at 7m.Motor # R4746 Vin #1330164 ,4spd. air,Avanti white,tinted glass, shows 18 K miles,I think 118 K

Judging by condition of motor compartment,dirty & rusty rocker covers to start,front seats split & should be re-upholstered along with rug

shampoo

hog troughes & frame are rust free.Can ayone tell me more about the car & approx. value ?

Thanks Kmul221

How's the paint? Is it drive-able? Any recent service? Are all the expensive parts (underhood stainless/chrome and interior) there? It seems that # 3 cars start at $15K...but it could be a lot less depending on location and the answers to the questions I posed.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I just remembered igniton shielding is missing,hasn't been on road since 86,car isnear Simcoe Ontario,he also has 27 Commander coach it,s a big car & a 63 lark type with wrong seats & a 6cyl auto.The 27 has original interior & it's good + a partial repaint

Comment

If the vin# on the frame below the passenger side exhaust manifold is 4746 the car was manufactured in June of 1963. 291 car were made that month. If it has wood grain instrument panel and console it could be called a transition car. Cars built during and after August were for the most part '64 models. Tinted glass on the side windows was an option. Check for a twin Trac rear end as they were also an option. Electric Window washer was another option along with AM FM radio. The more options the more the car is worth. However, an Avanti is worth what a buyer will pay for it. They are like most beautiful things, they cost money to keep. "There is no such things as cheep Avanti".

Comment

R4746 isn't listed in any AOAI register back to 2002, probably before. The last menton of it was seen was in a Turning Wheels ad in 1985...
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

That "VIN" Number looks like a Studebaker (Body) Part Number. It must be a State issued Number, or a mistake?
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It sold for 14K,I thought maybe $12k,but 2 Avanti enthusiast present both said it was a $8-10K vehicle,the 27 bid up to high teens & 6
              3 4dr. did not meet reserve at $4800. can be seen under www.shakelton auctions.com at shakelton news.
              Last edited by kmul221; 07-10-2013, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X