R3-r4 roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are correct.
    As far as a later Lionel Stone, or Dave Thibeault dual quad intake....
    Have you contacted Dave Thibeault?
    Jeff

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    DEEP,-I really appreciate the 'heads up' on that authentic R4 manifold/carb setup....but it would waste away in My garage, as I do not have the rest of the engine. Now, if it were a repop manifold set up for normal heads....I'd probably be in touch with You for the asking price, etc. Once again, original R3-R4 parts are so rare that if You were indeed giving Me 'first crack' at it...well, My hat's off to You!!
    Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 06-30-2013, 03:20 PM. Reason: Spelling error correction.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
      [SIZE=3]He still owes me an apology for our exchange above,
      but I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting...

I have engines to build... [/

StudeDave '57
      Apology? I don't think so Dave my Friend!! As a matter of fact, You should be thanking Me for teaching You that it's not nice to post a 'piece' of interesting info, without being ready to give up the whole story. Dave, if it's a SECRET then keep it a SECRET! To put it in more simple terms for You to hopefully understand, I'll use an old Navy expression,...."Loose Lips Sink Ships" !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
        As long as it never gets installed !
        (on anything other than a REAL R4)

Maybe you could cut it up, and adapt it to fit a Chevy?
        No bez, this setup could possibly be installed on normal heads 'opened up' to accomodate those large manifold ports, if someone wanted to do that...................What's important though, is that the builder install an I.D. plate on the engine to let folks know that what they are looking at (or considering buying) isn't the real deal, but a 'TRIBUTE'...like the one Your finishing up. Why try and say that it's anything else???

Comment

• Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
          You are correct.
          As far as a later Lionel Stone, or Dave Thibalt dual quad intake....
          Have you contacted Dave Thibalt?
          Jeff
          Yes, I speak with Dave quite a bit, and He has some great stories about casting the different repop intake manifolds, but really, those are His stories not Mine! (Thank You again on that orig. manifold offer)

Comment

• Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
            Apology? I don't think so Dave my Friend...
            Nope- not buyin' that even if it only costs a penny.

I simply mentioned that a local car is not on a list being kept by John-- and that is it.
            You prodded me for info, but I did not cave. I know the owner well enough to know that his stories are his- not mine. You did read his reply, right? Did you notice just how little information is really there?
            I said it before, and I'll say it again- his cars, his rules.

So low and behold after the owner steps up all is well...

But I still remember the part where you said I was making it all up.

At this point I guess I'll just agree that we disagree, and leave it at that.
            PM me with any further comments.

StudeDave '57
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

• I think you'll find the spelling, "Thibeault" that reminds Me,I think He once said He wanted to put a setup like that in a 63 Wagonair.
              Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
              You are correct.
              As far as a later Lionel Stone, or Dave Thibalt dual quad intake....
              Have you contacted Dave Thibalt?
              Jeff
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	badges.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1682533 "Badges? We don't need any stinkin' badges!"

please, let's give this a rest! it's just not going to happen. every post in new threads about a "tag" just seems to try to p!ss off more folks. definition of one that continues the behavior can be found in post #137...
                Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

• Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                  I think you'll find the spelling, "Thibeault" that reminds Me,I think He once said He wanted to put a setup like that in a 63 Wagonair.
                  Yes, and you will find the spelling of the sliding roof wagon as Wagonaire <G>.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

• Re the "tribute tag" issue, I don't have an R3 and likely never will, however my take is that ethical people will act ethically and unethical people won't. Just look at the Shelby Mustang market...many are described as "clones" or "tribute cars" and the genuine ones usually have documentation. Crooks will be crooks and are not inclined to voluntarily disclose that they are selling counterfeits. As always, "Caveat Emptor" and do your own research.

I once read that Elvis would have had to buy about 3 cars a week during his adult life to account for all the "once owned by Elvis" cars advertised over the years.
                    1996 Impala SS
                    1967 Jag XKE FHC
                    1963 Avanti R2
                    1963 Avanti R1
                    1956 Packard Patrician
                    1948 Jag Mk IV DHC
                    1909 Hupmobile Model 20

Comment

• OK Guys, I agree that this issue has been pretty well 'hashed over'. 'TAG A TRIBUTE' is a good idea whose time perhaps hasn't come? Over the last few weeks I have received some positive PM's on the idea, but all-in-all, the negative PR from 'The Usual Suspects' kind of dragged the idea down. Oh well, we're all entitled to our own opinion. One things for sure, between all the 'R3-4 Engine' threads that have been posted over the last four to six
                      weeks, there have been thousands of views....which I think is GREAT.....Threads like these stimulate this forum....And no matter whose side You take, controversial threads like these make people THINK.....Just look at some of the people who participated in these threads...Folks that we normally don't hear from, but are loaded with interesting stories and information (I mean, when was the last time We heard from John Shanahan?) All good stuff! And like I've mentioned before...it sure beats the heck out of asking each other how much ZDDP should be added to our motor oil every other post! So, again, thanks for participating in these 'R3-R4 discussions!

Comment

• So, Now anyone that disagrees with you is tagged 'The Usual Suspects', huh?
                        Poor form Ed.
                        Tags have a way of sticking where you'd least expect them.
                        I agree that you should move on to another subject.
                        Or... You make up your tags, and you go to all the builders, and you persuade them to install them on their engines.
                        One on one, face to face...man to man.
                        That would be a good thing. Good therapy for you.
                        Let us know how you make out with that.
                        So...Until your next squabble...
                        Keep on keepin' on...
                        Jeff
                        PS: You said you were out in your shop building some engines. Please tell us about them. We'd like to know more about them.

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                        OK Guys, I agree that this issue has been pretty well 'hashed over'. 'TAG A TRIBUTE' is a good idea whose time perhaps hasn't come? Over the last few weeks I have received some positive PM's on the idea, but all-in-all, the negative PR from 'The Usual Suspects' kind of dragged the idea down. Oh well, we're all entitled to our own opinion. One things for sure, between all the 'R3-4 Engine' threads that have been posted over the last four to six
                        weeks, there have been thousands of views....which I think is GREAT.....Threads like these stimulate this forum....And no matter whose side You take, controversial threads like these make people THINK.....Just look at some of the people who participated in these threads...Folks that we normally don't hear from, but are loaded with interesting stories and information (I mean, when was the last time We heard from John Shanahan?) All good stuff! And like I've mentioned before...it sure beats the heck out of asking each other how much ZDDP should be added to our motor oil every other post! So, again, thanks for participating in these 'R3-R4 discussions!
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                        X