This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reunion Sunday 2006 Pictures

Thought I would share pictures from our Long Island Chapter's Reunion Sunday Studebaker & Orphan Car Show held on Sunday 9/10.

Link: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/silver...?.dir=/384dre2

John Reich
    Long Island Chapter Spotlight Editor & Webmaster
    1955 Studebaker President Stude Powered Street Rod
    1960 Studebaker Lark VI (project)
    1971 Avanti II w/4-speed(For Sale)
    John Reich

1955 Studebaker President
    1960 Studebaker Lark (For Sale)
    1962 Studebaker GT Hawk

Nice pictures and I'll bet a good time was had by all. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Nice pictures and I'll bet a good time was had by all. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great pictures, thanks .

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

Great pictures, thanks .

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

What a terrific day it was! The weather was beautiful and so were the Studes in attendance.
            Thanks to John for posting the photos.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

What a terrific day it was! The weather was beautiful and so were the Studes in attendance.
              Thanks to John for posting the photos.
              Rog
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Nice pictures, and its interesting to note that two C/K cars had those
                rims on - that everyone seemed to hate on that Ebay high riding C/K.
                Both of these were sitting low though and I believe they are 17 inch
                rims. As I mentioned back then, its all how the car sits, the bronze
                one seems to be sitting a little too low, the black one is "right".
                The red one on Ebay was WAY too high in the front.

Tom
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Nice pictures, and its interesting to note that two C/K cars had those
                  rims on - that everyone seemed to hate on that Ebay high riding C/K.
                  Both of these were sitting low though and I believe they are 17 inch
                  rims. As I mentioned back then, its all how the car sits, the bronze
                  one seems to be sitting a little too low, the black one is "right".
                  The red one on Ebay was WAY too high in the front.

Tom
                  '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                  Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                  I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sbca96
                    the bronze
                    one seems to be sitting a little too low,
                    As my son says..."If it's too low...you're too old"

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

the bronze

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

the bronze

That one had an air ride suspension, just lowered all the way when parked. It had a nice 'rake' when driving into the show. Cool looking, but I'm partial to the chopped top when you rod it out like that, it might just be because my Dad's '55 that I currently own has a 3.5" chop, looks more proportional IMO. Still cool and nicely done though.

John Reich
                        John Reich

1962 Studebaker GT Hawk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

the bronze

That one had an air ride suspension, just lowered all the way when parked. It had a nice 'rake' when driving into the show. Cool looking, but I'm partial to the chopped top when you rod it out like that, it might just be because my Dad's '55 that I currently own has a 3.5" chop, looks more proportional IMO. Still cool and nicely done though.

John Reich
                          John Reich

1962 Studebaker GT Hawk

Comment

Then I must be "old" at 36. When I first built my '95 Impala SS clone
                            I got a set of Eibach lowering springs for it. The car was almost not
                            driveable, I would hit speed bumps and scrape on driveways. The final
                            straw was when my dad and inlaws were visiting, and I had my dad in
                            the front seat, and inlaws in the back seat. I was pulling out of a
                            driveway, and the car was scraping on the ground, then a U-bolt on the
                            exhaust grabbed a groove in the sidewalk - stopping the car dead. My
                            dad turned to me and said "you need us to get out of the car so you
                            can get over the little bump??" I got the stock Impala SS springs
                            shortly after, and havent looked back. Air ride solves that issue.

Tom

Comment

Then I must be "old" at 36. When I first built my '95 Impala SS clone
                              I got a set of Eibach lowering springs for it. The car was almost not
                              driveable, I would hit speed bumps and scrape on driveways. The final
                              straw was when my dad and inlaws were visiting, and I had my dad in
                              the front seat, and inlaws in the back seat. I was pulling out of a
                              driveway, and the car was scraping on the ground, then a U-bolt on the
                              exhaust grabbed a groove in the sidewalk - stopping the car dead. My
                              dad turned to me and said "you need us to get out of the car so you
                              can get over the little bump??" I got the stock Impala SS springs
                              shortly after, and havent looked back. Air ride solves that issue.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X