Calling sals54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling sals54

Sal, please send me a PM. I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. Please give me a quick note back. Jeff

PM sent. What's cookin??
    sals54

Comment

Yeah Sal! And while were at, I'm looking for a C/K car. How much for the 54 in black primer?

Comment

That "beater" in black primer is my little friend. It's been with me since 1971 when I found it under a tree in my home town. It took weeks of badgering the owner to finally let it go. I scraped together the $50 he was asking for it, and I've had it ever since. So... sorry, not for sale. I have a friend with a 53 Commander Hardtop which is for sale. He's asking only $3000 for it. Its a complete car with some rust, but not too bad. Floors are rusted and some in the rear fenders, but overall, a good workable car. Good glass, complete interior, all badging and trim is still on the car. Good bumpers, good stainless. Let me know if you're interested in that one. I'll pass it along. He lingers here at times.
        sals54

Comment

That's a bargain for a 53 Commander, Sal.
          Dave Nevin
          Corvallis, OR
          1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
          Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Huh I actually might be interested. Got any pics? That's really not too bad for a hardtop. When was the last time it ran? I actually knew about the story of your little car. I'm hoping to forge my own story much like that, though it's much harder these days. You have any good pics of that 54 in the members pics area? I'd double what you paid for it but I have a feeling you wouldn't take it

Comment

Still waiting until I can afford the 54 I'm looking at in Sac.
              www.spannerbird.com
              Coral/Beige 1953 Studebaker Commander Starlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Spannerbird View Post
                Still waiting until I can afford the 54 I'm looking at in Sac.
                Offer him what you have, it can never hurt try.

Comment

So far that's like a grand. I still have to pay to have the car shipped.
                  www.spannerbird.com

Comment

So far that's like a grand. I still have to pay to have the car shipped.
                    Damn your poorer than I am! I bet you could get an SDC member to pick it up and hold for you while you waited to get it shipped.

Comment

That would be nice, in theory if someone is willing. Yes I'm a student, so it takes me a while to save that sum of money.
                      www.spannerbird.com

Comment

I called about it, it's been sold.
                        www.spannerbird.com

Comment

I called about it, it's been sold.
                          Looks like your in the same market I am in. When I spott good ones that I'm not going after I'll tell you.

Comment

Hey this one is close, not a C/K but it is a two door http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3734928196.html And this one would be a good starting point for something cool http://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/cto/3815881446.html

Comment

That IS a C/K, rather a C. It is a 53 Starlight Coupe. For $950 I would call it a bargain! I also notice that it has had a cat scan.

Pat
                              Pat Dilling
                              Olivehurst, CA
                              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                              X