Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just brought home another 1960 Lark

this time an 8 and a 4-door
    runs, clutch and trans work, but lots of drag in one front wheel and the brake pedal goes to the floor.
    so this will be my quick project to become a driver. I've gone too long without one, while my F4 awaits a drivetrain.

I thought I had the buildsheet with it, but it looks like it might be the original window sticker?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	baby 06.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	1738764Click image for larger version

Name:	baby's birth certicate.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	1738765
    sigpic
    JohnP, driving & reviving
    60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Wow, $2677.94 seems like a lot for a 4 Door Deluxe, but it does have a few nice options.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Now that is a sweetly equipped Lark! V8, overdrive, twin traction, the extra cost trim kit, radio, undercoating.........perfect!
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

a couple more pix. I picked this up for a fair price, I hope to be driving it in a week or so.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	baby 08.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	1680051Click image for larger version

Name:	baby 11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	1680052
        sigpic

Comment

Sudan Beige was a "Spring Color" added later in the model year. Nice car!

Comment

Great score! V-8 and overdrive will make a great driver, plus I really like the painted headlight rims and no chrome surround around the grille.
            Last edited by RadioRoy; 05-18-2013, 02:40 PM.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Very nice car. Love the 60 Larks.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Lovin' it! Great car.
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Interior still original? With that big snout on the air cleaner, is there a 4 brl hiding under there?

Great catch...

Comment

Thanks for all the positive comments. I'm guessing I got my $1500 worth? Only took a 5-mile tow to get it in my driveway.
                    Interior condition is reflective of what I paid for it. one door (LR) has rust through because the drain slots plugged up. The interior is all there, but the headliner is torn and hanging down, the seats were done in a horrid plaid which is falling apart, as was the dash pad. I think it odd to find a deluxe with a padded dash, the pieces on the bottom of the dash are still ok. The glove box is gone, no big deal. Rubber mats on the floor. The window runners and fuzzies are shot, the windows need LOTS of help to go up and down, but all the glass is good, even the windshield.
                    It has the optional wheel, which I think is just a fancy chrome horn ring on a standard wheel. The wheel in there is badly cracked, but I've got a perfect standard wheel in the right color that will be going on. All I have to figure out is how to get the horn ring off without wrecking it.
                    Just a 2bbl stromberg, but it doesn't leak, and starts right up. The only territory marking it has done so far is about two drops from the rear main. I can live with that.
                    sigpic

Comment

What a great car for $1500. I really wish Florida and Arizona were side by side...
                      Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Looks & sounds like you got a real good deal. Enjoy !

Comment

Wow! A great score indeed. I think that might be the perfect Studebaker daily driver. $1500? Man why can't I be that lucky? Hats off to you.
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Nice Car!! Reminds me of my 1st Stude, a '59 V8 Deluxe 4 door in White Sand. Paid $400 bucks for it. Last I saw it was on eBay for $9000! I called the guy and told him I knew the floors were all diamond plate. Never heard back; wonder why?

Bish
                            sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
                            1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
                            1959 4E2 4spd, TT
                            1963 8E28 GSA order
                            1963 8E5 SOLD!
                            1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

Working...
                            X