1953 Studebaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Studebaker?

I found this 1953 Studebaker on Craiglist. However it took me by surpise because of it's front end (meanly the grill) The car is in rough shape and needs a lot of work but my questionis, is it a custom job or maybe a concept car studebaker made. I just have never seen anything like it before. Tell me what you think. I'm not looking to buy it so I don't want to conact the seller but I'm just cuirous about the story behind this car. I might be a great find if it is a concept car.

Never mind I answered my question it is a custom good just reread the description. However it was a nice looking car back in her day.

Comment

Would love to resurect her, wouldn't ya'

Comment

Not going to lie it would be a fun project but very very hard to do because it is a custom job. It would be almost impossible to find anothere grill for that car and I aleady have 3 old cars I'm working on so I don't need another.

Comment

Not a bad look,.....but these customs can never really surpass the good looks of the original design.

Comment

Kaiser grill?

Comment

that car was featured in either hotrod or motortrend back in the late 50`s with the title `teacher`s pet`IIRC, I will see if I can dig it up. once again, IIRC, the grill is fabricated, and I think the custom thing came about as the result of a front end accident, and it was a `55. this car was cool in its day and would be cool to save. cheers, junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Thanks for the info. that is really intrusting i would like to see that article if you can find it

Comment

ooopppps, memory slipping, rod & custom, jan `56, title was `favor for a friend`...will try to scan later. regards, junior. this starts the way-back machine, somebody save this car....(just don`t put an LS1 it) lol lol lol. cheers, junior.
                  sigpic
                  1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

ok, I've ripped apart my house and can't find that issue, but I know I had it at one time because I have photos of the magazine with that car in it that I used in the series of 'retrobaker' posts I made a few years back on this forum....at least I'm 99.9% sure that it's the same car, shaved emblems, door handles, custom grill...what are the chances that another custom k stude had the same mods? anyone else have jan '56 rod and custom in their collection that could help out? cheers, junior.
                    sigpic
                    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
                    X