No announcement yet.

This is one sweet Avanti!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Massachusetts, emission checks only apply to '96 and newer vehicles.

Comment

just a "safety" inspection here in NC for pre '95 cars. (some counties don't have emission inspections at all) - but no inspection for vehicles older than 35 years (currently pre '78). UNLESS you bring in an out of state titled (or bill of sale) vehicle. that procedure can turn into a major PITA as several of us here in NC can testify!!!
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Looks like the deal fell through.......It's back on e-bay.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          Looks like the deal fell through.......It's back on e-bay.
          Yes, I noticed that. I bid on it, again, and got outbid. I will probably raise my bid again.

I thought that the high bidder, that hit the reserve at $9900 last time, was someone on this Forum. I do not recall seeing them on the Forum since then.

I wonder why the deal fell through. Do you know the car or just the owner?
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
            That depends on what state it's going to. In my state a car over 25 years old can be registered as "Historic" and doesn't need to pass a state inspection for registration. Some states have similar regulations and some states simply say that if it originally came with emission controls and cats it still has to have them to be legally registered.
            Gunslinger is correct. Most states (not Calif) exempt vehicles that qualifiy for vintage plates from emissions inspections. However, several DO require an inspection to verify that the vehicle qualifies for historic plates, and has not been modified (and maybe should be registered as a street rod instead). Such an inspection might discover the lack of catalytic converters. And just for grins, I will note that it is against the federal Clean Air Act to remove or disable any OEM emissions equipment. That said, there is no enforcement mechanism except through state inspections.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              Yes, I noticed that. I bid on it, again, and got outbid. I will probably raise my bid again.

I thought that the high bidder, that hit the reserve at $9900 last time, was someone on this Forum. I do not recall seeing them on the Forum since then.

I wonder why the deal fell through. Do you know the car or just the owner?
              I know the car AND the owner.......You would be very pleased doing business with this Man.

Comment

Gary.....Sending You a PM

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                  Gary.....Sending You a PM
                  Received and replied - Thanks!
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...