Drive your Studebaker today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive your Studebaker today!

Beatiful day here in upstate SC. Took the Hawk out for her first real cruise with me outside the 'hood'. Aprox 150 mile round trip to local chapter meeting/picnic. Hawk did very well, cruised on the Interstate and the 70 speed limit in overdrive was smooth and carefree. Good day, no issues, life is good.

Dave
    Dave Hugo
    Wellford, SC
    1940 Champion
    1950 Champion Coupe
    1955 President Coupe
    1963 Lark Custom 2 Door V8

Dave, where was your picnic & meet; what town? 'Does sound like a pretty day.
    We'll be heading down past you mid-May to see our son and daughter-in-law in Charleston. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Pretty hard to beat.....a nice running Hawk cruising down the highway in overdrive!

Comment

Sounds great. Drove the Cruiser today. It was a perfect day for it.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Ran the '54 around the county today. I'm ready for spring! We have another freeze in the forecast for next week... old man winter is having a hard time letting go this year.
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Drove my Hawk today, took one of our dogs to the local farmer's market and picked up a few groceries. It rained a little, but that's Oregon.... I try to have a DYSD at least once or twice a week.

Comment

We took truck out and when to supper, ran into a couple who wanted to know about truck. He had just bought a 53 Chevy pickup and was happy to see a older truck out. Enjoyed the outing!
              Randy Wilkin
              1946 M5 Streetrod
              Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

We took Ugly Betty to the shop today. What a nice day for a ride in a Studebaker!
                Jamie McLeod
                Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                1958 Commander "Christine"
                1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                1955 Commander Sedan
                1964 Champ
                1960 Lark

Comment

i took the '51 out to the local Food Lion grocery store today to pick up a few supplies. i spent more time talking to folks that gathered around her when i was loading up than i spent inside the store. that's what it's all about!
                  Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I drove the Champ today to town. I picked up feed, parts for my lawnmower, and some parts for the JohnDeere I am restoring. Igot the 51 out of the barn today for the first time this year and drove it to my folks house to pick up my daughter. I had to run the heater. At least the sun was shining.
                    1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Drove my 2R5 around a bit today. I generally drive it every day when there is no snow and salt on the road. Yesterday was freezing rain. Got my Galaxie out of storage and drove it also. Wish my Hawk wasn't having dirty fuel issues. I may have to pull the tank for a cleaning before I can get out on the open road with it.

Comment

Here's my "Today April 13th."Drive Your Studebaker Day" Pics.
                        The Whatcom Railway Museum Train Ride event of the Whatcom County Chapter, SDC !

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

My Car is the Gold '66 Cruiser in the background.
                        The '62 Champ Truck belongs to Member Tom Smith, he is the third Chapter Member (that I know of) to own this Truck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2654a (800x449).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	1679744

Name:	IMG_2660b (800x449) (795x446).jpg
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	1679745

Name:	IMG_2655b (195x109).jpg
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	1679746
                        Last edited by StudeRich; 04-14-2013, 10:52 PM.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                          Dave, where was your picnic & meet; what town? 'Does sound like a pretty day.
                          We'll be heading down past you mid-May to see our son and daughter-in-law in Charleston. BP
                          The Palmetto Chapter met at Dreher Island State Park - beautiful place. Located in Prosperity SC - don't ask me, ask my GPS
                          Dave Hugo
                          Wellford, SC
                          1940 Champion
                          1950 Champion Coupe
                          1955 President Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
                            Drove my Hawk today, took one of our dogs to the local farmer's market and picked up a few groceries. It rained a little, but that's Oregon.... I try to have a DYSD at least once or twice a week.
                            Born and raised in Oregon. Born in Coos Bay and Grew up just outside Portland on Sauvie Island. It rains in Oregon? Hmmm, hard for me to recall such a thing
                            Dave Hugo
                            Wellford, SC
                            1940 Champion
                            1950 Champion Coupe
                            1955 President Coupe

Comment

StudeRich, somehow the pics don't look so much like spring! Our outting was in the high 70's (very little snow)
                              Dave Hugo
                              Wellford, SC
                              1940 Champion
                              1950 Champion Coupe
                              1955 President Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X