No announcement yet.

Body Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Brad, the K15M tag will go on my COE. The orginal was located on the door sill where one would step and was in terrible unusable condition.
    Jerry

Comment

Jerry, check your private messages.
      Jim
      I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Were the tags lead or were they zinc? Both metals might easily go away in a plater's acid bath and are soft enough to emboss easily. I've seen zinc sheet offered for sale, even at the hobby stores.

I thought about making body tags a while back, decided a unique die could be made with stereolithography and a hard rubber pad placed over the zinc strip to raise the letters from the die in back. You sure did an amzing job making the letters/numbers out of steel!
        Gary Ash
        Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
        ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
        '48 M5
        '65 Wagonaire Commander
        '63 Wagonaire Standard
        web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Gary
          You may be right, a lead based mat'l is what I was told. I also realize more correct letters could have been made using certain Edm technology, I tried to keep costs down,but still have more time in this project then any sane person would invest.
          Jerry

Comment

They were of a zinc alloy. I've got a few tags that were never used. Soft stuff, but for sure not lead. I have one from a '42 President that IS steel, but there was a war on at the time.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

For those who have asked for more infro and pictures, we will respond as soon as my wife has a chance to E-mail pictures
              Thank You Jerry

Comment

jerry,I am interested in finding out more info about your work, tried an direct message ,but do not know if it worked, please keep us posted on more info. Thanks

Comment

We have been trying to reply to several inquiries with infromation and pictures, with no luck. Reply to my E-mail address Jerezstude @aol.com and we will try to send infromation that way.
                  Jerry Kurtz

Comment

Working...
                  X