Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

64 factory fiberglass bonneville GT Hawk prototype.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 factory fiberglass bonneville GT Hawk prototype.

Really?!?!?! Where do they get this *#@~. It's not even full flow. Obviously no supercharger maybe the hood is fiberglass but that's about it. Almost sounds like he heard tales of an R3 Avanti and tagged it to his run of the mill hawk.

Well at least he's not asking the world for it.

Ebay # 121079981312
    Last edited by 289stude; 03-12-2013, 03:19 PM.
    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/64-ha...item1c30ede500

"prototype"? really???
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I'm not trying to rip on anyone's ad but C'mon man 5 min research on the Internet or this forum rather and he would realize none of what he's claiming is true. Well exept for the shifter
      John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

I saw this to but couldn't get it to post. Door panels are not even right for a 64. No numbers but would bet it is a 62-63. Prototype maybe thats it a prototype 62 with a 64 trunk.

Comment

The owner says it's serial number 64V-0010 on the door post.

Comment

Well I'll give him that his "granTorismo" IS modified alright!
            A left hand mounted Alternator, a weird Distributor, a R1/R2 Fuel Pump, modified fan Shroud, NICE Carb. Rod!, '63 Door Panels, NO Tach. '62 Side Grilles and a nice close-up of the GM Alternator, I wonder if he thinks that is the "Supercharger" it is supposed to have?

'64 Bonneville Super Hawk, yeah right! NO Tach.! Also it appears to have NO Serial Number Plate, I doubt it is even a '64 even WITH a '64 Body Tag !
            Last edited by StudeRich; 03-12-2013, 03:49 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Anyone have the guts to log on and tell him he's full of it?
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                The owner says it's serial number 64V-0010 on the door post.
                That would be pretty good, Jeff, since they started with 64V1001. (But then again, he does say it is rare and experimental, so maybe they were experimenting with lower Serial Numbers than normal, too!)

Geeze, you gotta' feel sorry for someone so delusional.... BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Here is the response I got when asking about the engine number and car serial number:

"There is no engine serial # stamped jtsa401/doortag -64v0010"

It doesn't make sense. He says there's no engine number and but then throws something out close that starts with jts ...

Comment

I am not throwing out the "POSSIBILITY" that this Car WAS something Special as a Prototype ONCE, BUT is has been messed with a LOT since if it ever WAS once "Special"!

Maybe he got the Engine Number from some documentation he has instead of the Current "Replacement Engine" itself.
                    If so, he needs to produce it, post it or something.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

isn't that an SDC sticker in the side window? I hope he doesn't spread any more "information" than this eBay ad.
                      sigpic
                      JohnP, driving & reviving
                      60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
                        Anyone have the guts to log on and tell him he's full of it?
                        I sent him some advice...
                        64 GT Hawk (K7)
                        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Strange Ebay listing: For about 2K more than his asking price, google "studebakers forever" and see what 2K more will buy. Amazing. Ken Deltaville, Va

Comment

I have to feel sorry for this car, not the owner. Who would do that to a 1964 Hawk? I particularly like the throttle linkage (Coat Hanger Wire). I not sure what the fuel pump is but it is not a R1/R2 Carter, I just rebuilt mine today with a kit and it does not resemble the one in this car. The seller is dreaming in technocolor for a $16,000 Buy It Now. What a sad looking car.

Allen
                            1964 GT Hawk
                            PSMCDR 2014
                            Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                            PSMCDR 2013
                            Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Is this '64 Gt on ebay for real?

Did Studebaker or Granatelli ever build a car like this??? Says it's supercharged, but sc is cleverly concealed. I'm not skeptical, of course...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...#ht_500wt_1182

Since it doesn't have a battery (or stock battery tray), it's OK that there's no hold down though......

Comment

Working...
                              X