Back Home - How sweet it is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Home - How sweet it is

Arrived home from Florida after 20 hours on the road (over two days) covering 1211 miles. After a couple of days rest and unloading from the "adventure" I've been looking forward to getting back to the pole barn and the 74 Avanti.

So today the temp is 35 deg, sunny and just right in the pole barn to work without insulated coveralls. I'm rested and pumped, Huzzah - Huzzah!!!

Here's what it looks like from outside the pole barn with our current project awaiting. First time the doors have been open in three months. And this weekend 40+ and rising.

[IMG][/IMG]

Bob

Glad you had a safe trip home. We drove 20 hours straight through the weekend before last, of course we were leaving wisconsin to return to Florida.LOL Keep us up to date on your projects Bob, see you when we next see you, Bill.

Comment

Welcome back to Michigan Bob!

I had a two day quick trip to Boca Raton back in February for work. Flew out of grand rapids weds late PM, worked at corporate office thurs and fri and got flown back home late friday. I wish work would of 'adjusted' the flights so some more time was spent in Flordia. HAHA

I'm glad you got to take a break from Michigan winter.

Heather

Comment

You mean you drove through here and didn't stop to say hi!?

Comment

At least you are plowed out. I've been spending a lot of time in the shop lately. Temps aren't too bad, hands get a little cold.
          Turn up the stereo and get to work, spring is near!

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
            You mean you drove through here and didn't stop to say hi!?
            Ditto...? Where in FL?
            Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I don't know how you guys do it. We've been dealing with pollen here. When Winter goes beyond mid-February, I get depressed. Glorious Spring arriving in February is how life is supposed to be lived.

sals54

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
                Ditto...? Where in FL?
                Matt, Tom, Bill Be careful what you wish for as I will take you up on your offer next year.

We are located in Royal Highlands Development for the month of february. That's about 10 miles south of Leesburg, 20 miles south of The Villages on US-27.

That's probably 25 miles or so north of Orlando. If you would like send me a PM with a phone # and a general location as I'm always looking for the Studebaker experience in Florida.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                  I don't know how you guys do it. We've been dealing with pollen here. When Winter goes beyond mid-February, I get depressed. Glorious Spring arriving in February is how life is supposed to be lived.
                  I don't know how you guys deal with that nasty pollen. All we need to do with snow is move it and let it melt.

Pollen you have to breathe.

YUCK!!!!!

Bob

Comment

Don't those look like friendly little fellas ! ? ! ?
                    sals54

Comment

Hey that simple little design is pretty effective during the pollination process, even if it's an allergic nightmare for the gardeners!!
                      1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
                      X