Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    How about some pics of your car......Would love to see it
    Click on my signature link for lots of pictures.
    Last edited by paintim613; 02-14-2013, 04:44 AM. Reason: Correct spelling
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
      Here is a picture I took of it or something like it but I don't remember where. maybe someone else knows the area of where this was taken.

Looks like a parking lot in downtown South Bend. If the rear fenders weren't so long it remonds me of Bob Bourke's '53 "sports model".
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

It could have been built by the Schrock Brothers. However, I have met them and have seen several examples of their work. I know they are not exactly "Spring Chickens," but they would have had to be awfully young to have built it in the '50's. Even so...how did they get a GT Hawk dash years before the GT's were produced?

It is possible that the car has been "built," and "re-built" more than once. Calling it a convertible is probably not technically correct because I don't think it has a functioning top. Looks to me that it is a "fair weather" car only practical when the weather allows. On some of the pictures, I could see snaps where there is probably a cover to protect it from the elements, however...I think if there was a functioning top to be proud of...there would be pictures posted to show it off.

This is not intended to be a totally negative attack on the car. There is a pretty neat charm to it. The fender extensions and continental kit was an aftermarket offering of the period. I have seen them on regular coupes and although they look pretty cool...from certain angles they can look kinda goofy. I think there was another style continental kit offered that didn't include the fender extensions.

For the right price, this could be a fairly cool cruise-in and parade car.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

It's all a matter of personal taste, but I have never really had a love for continental kits, even the seamless looking ones. I will say that the quality of the work done looks impressive, but the style isn't exciting me. Maybe without the continental kit. THat being said, this car likely excites someone, and I hope that person gets a fair deal on it.

Maybe this is a mid to late 60's Schrock, and the person posting it just fat-fingered the 5 key instead of the 6. It has happened, and would explain the dash.
          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

I have a pic of that car at South Bend in 1997..
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
            X