FORUM MAINTENENCE ALERT- please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORUM MAINTENENCE ALERT- please read

Be advised that around 7:30 - 8:00 a.m. CDT tomorrow, 8/15/07 the SDC website & Forum will be offline for around 15 minutes (knock on wood) while we perform some maintenance/repairs on the forum's database.

Additionally, I have suspended the forum "Subscription" feature. We think that may be a problem contributor as well. I may reinstate Topic Subscriptions if I can be assured that it is not interfering with overall forum operation.

ALSO, I have archived posts older than one year from today in the "General Discussion" and "Technical" forums. When using the search feature you will now have to make sure the "Archived Posts" box is checked in the search form to go back past a year.

Hopefully, these actions will help solve some of the recent problems we've been having. (and maybe the post timing thing, but don't count on it )

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Bob,

How would 7:30-8:00 CDT translate on my computer in Forum time? [}]

Gary

Comment

Bob,

How would 7:30-8:00 CDT translate on my computer in Forum time? [}]

Gary

Comment

Guido: Forum time, like the space-time continuum, is infinitely variable depending on one's geographical and dimensional location. However, once I get the Flux Capacitor (Ebay, 6 bucks plus S&H) installed in my 49 2R5 and can generate the required 1.21 JigaWatts, I can assure you that every forum post will appear EXACTLY one year ahead of the writing of said post. Bottom line: people will be able to read it even before you think it.

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota
        sigpic
        Bob Shaw
        Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

Guido: Forum time, like the space-time continuum, is infinitely variable depending on one's geographical and dimensional location. However, once I get the Flux Capacitor (Ebay, 6 bucks plus S&H) installed in my 49 2R5 and can generate the required 1.21 JigaWatts, I can assure you that every forum post will appear EXACTLY one year ahead of the writing of said post. Bottom line: people will be able to read it even before you think it.

BShaw,Webmaster

Woodbury, Minnesota
          sigpic
          Bob Shaw
          Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

Might I also suggest a limit on the size of people's avitars..signature photos and comments.
            Some are getting a bit too large (especially the post signature comments)and that's taking up space and memory that could be better used for topics.
            IMHO, photos the size of post cards are too big especially when the poster has several replies to the same thread.

PS. another fourm I belong to has a set size limit for ID photos that go beneath the poster's name...they come out at about an inch square.

63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Might I also suggest a limit on the size of people's avitars..signature photos and comments.
              Some are getting a bit too large (especially the post signature comments)and that's taking up space and memory that could be better used for topics.
              IMHO, photos the size of post cards are too big especially when the poster has several replies to the same thread.

PS. another fourm I belong to has a set size limit for ID photos that go beneath the poster's name...they come out at about an inch square.

63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Bob-Just as I thought, Studebakers are much more suited for time travel than Delorean's.
                Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Bob-Just as I thought, Studebakers are much more suited for time travel than Delorean's.
                  Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                  jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Vanity plate on a '53 Coupe: TARDIS

Brad Johnson
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Vanity plate on a '53 Coupe: TARDIS

Brad Johnson
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

In other words, once the upgraded hamster has been given the high energy alfalfa pellet they won't be so inclined to fall off the wheel .

I do like that future forum post feature though. That way I can swear at the future me for always thinking once step ahead of me. [)]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                        1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                        [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                        [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                        [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                        [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

In other words, once the upgraded hamster has been given the high energy alfalfa pellet they won't be so inclined to fall off the wheel .

I do like that future forum post feature though. That way I can swear at the future me for always thinking once step ahead of me. [)]

1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                          [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                          [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                          [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                          [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
                          X