Champ with 64-66 front end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ with 64-66 front end.

Found this on craigslist. I think it looks good. I bet it took a lot of work to build the cab.

Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
    Lizella, GA

I like the looks of the older bed on a champ truck but with the 64/65 front end it doesn't seem to fit as well. Not as many curved body lines and too many straight lines to blend. IMHO

Kinda cool though.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Oh-oh, Columbia SC. Was afraid of that........close enough to go look at. Really like the Champs with the '64 sheetmetal, but agree with Jon about the bed.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Very neat!

Comment

Looks like an automobile body turned into a truck cab. That's a tricky front clip to but on a Champ cab because the cowl/rear of the hood edges are different between cars and trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
            Looks like an automobile body turned into a truck cab. That's a tricky front clip to but on a Champ cab because the cowl/rear of the hood edges are different between cars and trucks.
            I think I agree. My first thought was the doors and roof looked like sedan stuff instead of truck. Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Here's what it would look like with a fleet side bed... Just kidding. I always thought the 67 Chevys looked as though they had stolen the Stude design and used it for their own truck line. The resemblance is remarkable.
              Attached Files
              sals54

Comment

I think over in Austrailia they would go nuts over a cool UTE like this, you know they make them out of everything with wheels.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Updated Champ

'Course that Champ for sale reminded me of this one...
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	9E truck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1678662

Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

I did that to a 60 champ with an 8' fendered bed back in 1973 R-1 powered, 427.1 TT rear end and T85 3 speed with overdrive I called it my would-A-B , it might have looked like that if they had keep on building trucks, the doors look to be stock as the trim line from either type fenders follows right into the door. I had a slide in 8' camper and pulled a 25' house trailer to Minnesota in 1973 some of the older Minnesota member might remember seeing it as I took it to a Studebaker outing while there. The truck would Run at 65 mph in 2nd over pulling the trailer across the high desert in Wy. at about 2500 RPM good strong truck I might still have a few pictures of it here some place.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Was told that same story - by a friend who drove one of those Chevy Trucks

Comment

I saw this one for sale several years ago. Can't find the pictures of it now but it had a 66 grille and interior. Could have been built out of a 66 Cruiser or 4 door. It seemed to be well-made and thought out but the interior color had been changed to purple!
                        Scott Rodgers
                        Los Angeles
                        SDC Member since 1989
                        \'60 Lark HT
                        \'63 Wagonaire
                        \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

The '64 wide bed that Mark posted a photo of lives somewhere around the Portland, OR area. It was built using a '64 sedan or wagon cab.
                          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
                            The '64 wide bed that Mark posted a photo of lives somewhere around the Portland, OR area. It was built using a '64 sedan or wagon cab.
                            That Champ is in Vancouver, WA. (at least a suburb of Portland, OR!)

Comment

Well, this one followed me home. Just have to name her and make a few cosmetic changes. More on this later along with some pictures.

Wayne
                              Wayne Elks

66 Phantom Champ
                              65 Cruiser
                              64 Champ
                              40 4-Dr Commander

Comment

Working...
                              X