Winter Time Stude Fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Time Stude Fun!

Got the Stude out today... an absolutely beautiful day for mid-January! Went to our old gas station/car club house and enjoyed visiting with several guys that also took advantage of the nice day. It stayed relatively warm, even after dusk, so I shot some pics of the old girl while I had her out:

Next to the old station is a old train depot, which is undergoing renovation, and will soon be a museum.

The sunset and clear blue sky were a pleasure to enjoy!:

We still need rain, and the bottom is going to drop out of the temperature soon, it was nice to enjoy the break, though.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

To: Studedude,----Your Studebaker is absolutely beautiful.......painted My favorite color.

Comment

That is a strikingly beautiful car. Only problem with me having it, it's soo nice I'd be afraid to drive it.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, Ed 'n Joe.

Joe, the car has been driven to South Bend, Charlotte, and all over Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas. I used it almost as a daily driver, weather permitting, when I was still employed. It his only been trailered to two meets... One in Nashville, and one in Omaha.

My wife joined me on the Nashville trip, and just didn't feel comfortable about traveling in the old car.

The car was trailered to Omaha because, at that time, I had two Studes, and I was the only driver, so we did it this way:

That was back in the good old days, before retirement and diminished income.

Driving one just requires winter time road rash repairs. <G>
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

I like both rides! And I am just coming into that retirement time and lower pay, so I am going to have to be happy with one only, the dream of a studebaker car to make a pair will not happen. That would have been a hard choice, but a win,win situation either way, I think the car was a wise choice!
          Randy Wilkin
          1946 M5 Streetrod
          Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

What a fabulous car!

Regards,
            John Brayton

Comment

Originally posted by rodnutrandy View Post
              I like both rides! And I am just coming into that retirement time and lower pay, so I am going to have to be happy with one only, the dream of a studebaker car to make a pair will not happen. That would have been a hard choice, but a win,win situation either way, I think the car was a wise choice!
              Actually, there was no real "choice" decision to be made... We built the car here in my shop, and the truck was purchased pretty much as you see it, but with some significant improvements made while we had it here.

If one had to go, the choice was clear.

Still, I do miss Goliath. :-(
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

Isn't False Spring fun. Was kind of you to make the day even more beautiful!
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Love the color, what's it called? I have a 76 Avanti about the same shade. Are the wheels Dayton? The painted spokes and gold spinners are a nice look. The truck and car made a great looking combo. Enjoy retirement, I'm looking 4 years down the line to June 2017 when I'm walking out of school for the last time, finally "Graduating from high school".
                  sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
                    Love the color, what's it called? I have a 76 Avanti about the same shade. Are the wheels Dayton? The painted spokes and gold spinners are a nice look. The truck and car made a great looking combo. Enjoy retirement, I'm looking 4 years down the line to June 2017 when I'm walking out of school for the last time, finally "Graduating from high school".
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                      Isn't False Spring fun. Was kind of you to make the day even more beautiful!
                      Fun, but short!

Coming from you, that is a compliment! Stu Cool is so cool!
                      sigpic
                      Dave Lester

Comment

Dave L. - It almost looks too shiny. Do you still use that same polish that you were selling? Or was that just a waterless wash that you sold?
                        I didn't remember that you had 1953 tail lights on the 1954 - most pictures do not show the nice rear.
                        Last edited by studegary; 01-20-2013, 08:20 PM. Reason: missing a
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                          Dave L. - It almost looks too shiny. Do you still use that same polish that you were selling? Or was that just a wterless wash that you sold?
                          I didn't remember that you had 1953 tail lights on the 1954 - most pictures do not show the nice rear.
                          Yes, I'm still using Dry Wash 'n Guard... just not selling it any more. I let my distributorship expire, and don't want to buy the volume of product it would take to renew it.

I was told the '53 tail lights were also used on early '54s, but I don't know if that is correct, or not.
                          sigpic
                          Dave Lester

Comment

Dave. You left out that little detail about your visit to Omaha about how you beat the crap out of the car at the drag strip! <GGG>
                            Frank van Doorn
                            Omaha, Ne.
                            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
                              Dave. You left out that little detail about your visit to Omaha about how you beat the crap out of the car at the drag strip! <GGG>
                              What can I say? She likes being spanked. <G>

That was fun, would like to do it again some time.
                              sigpic
                              Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                              X