Studebaker Motor Company redux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
    May I step in and say the proper name for this vehicle was Avanti Studebaker XUV. Yes it was.
    I disagree. It was introduced as the Studebaker XUV. After many complaints about the name, Kelley changed the name to Avanti XUV. (It originally was the Studebaker XUV that was built by Avanti. Avanti was not part of the original model name.)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      I disagree. It was introduced as the Studebaker XUV. After many complaints about the name, Kelley changed the name to Avanti XUV. (It originally was the Studebaker XUV that was built by Avanti. Avanti was not part of the original model name.)
      Not suprising.
      Is Chevrolet part of the Corvette ZR1 model name? Or is it just a Corvette ZR1?
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I stand corrected.
        Never saw the finished one, even in a picture.
        (Shame on those that saw it without shooting pic's....history lost!)
        Saw the show version in person in Villa Rica a few times.
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
          Not suprising.
          Is Chevrolet part of the Corvette ZR1 model name? Or is it just a Corvette ZR1?
          With your example, yes a Corvette is a Chevrolet. But this logic does not apply across the board. For example, a Lincoln is not a Ford model even though it is made by Ford Motor Co. Lincoln's SUV is not a Ford Lincoln Navigator. Using your Corvette example, Studebaker would have been like Chevrolet and Avanti would have been like General Motors to Corvette. You do not refer to a Corvette as a Genexal Motors Chevrolet Corvette, just as a Chevrolet Corvette.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X