Sheet metal for a 66 2-door.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheet metal for a 66 2-door.

Hi, I been a member for 10 years, but mostly a lurker here.
    I was hoping some one might know where I can locate some sheetmetal to finish my Commander.
    I am looking for the panels # 1352294 & # 1352295, which are the firewall side panels/door hinge post, and 1352211 & 1358240 which are 1/4 panels.
    I have inquired at S.I., but have not heard back yet. I have also inquired with two of the posters on this site that were stripping cars or selling parts, but have had no luck there either.
    From what I have seen on 64-66 Lark bodied cars, I am getting the idea that they have been all used up!
    Is there any hidden treasure troves out there yet? I am in the Chicago area, so I'm sure the road salt has eaten up whatever has been hiding in this area!
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken
    Kenneth Smolecki

Almost sounds like you may need a donor car , that may be your best route, especially when you mention the front posts .
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I've already gone through 1 parts car for rear seat floor area, I constantly scan the normal sources, Craigslist/Ebay, it's finding one that doesn't have those areas that are not eaten away by rust, and of course I need then reasonably priced.
      Kenneth Smolecki

Comment

Have you checked with Dennis DuPont in NH? He's surprised me more than once in recent years. Good prices too.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I just checked the New Hampshire dealer links and didn't see his name. Do you have some contact info for him?
          Thanks
          Kenneth Smolecki

Comment

Are the firewall panels/door post the same as a 4 Dr? That part of the body may be the same back to 1959. It would open up a lot more sorces.
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Give some picture I for one don't go by numbers and might be able to help.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

I just remembered a friend has this 64 2 door commander body shell that he was going to race, dash is gone, no engine or trans, but rest is more that likely a lot better than something you are trying to save, last time I talked to him his price was $1500.00 here in California.

Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Hey CandB we talked via E-mail a couple of weeks ago, you said I had missed out on some stuff you sold to China I think. I could be interested in your friends 2 door, could I get some pictures? The problem is $1500 AND hauling it back to Chicago might make it kind of expensive.
                  The pillars/sides would be the same in a 4-door, the 1/4 panels are the interior body panels between the doors and the wheel wells.
                  I'll send you some pictures from the parts book in the A.M.

Thanks,
                  Ken
                  Kenneth Smolecki

Comment

Ken I hope you have better luck in getting pics from Bob on the friends 64 Commander as I talked to Bob about this same cars a few years back and the owner was not willing to drag it out for photos.
                    Tom
                    sigpic

Comment

Those firewall/cowl sides/front door pillars are a very common rust prone area. Perhaps if everyone that needs them would send an email request to Classic Enterprises, then maybe he would replicate them.
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I thought someone on here was trying to sell one of those front hinge posts a while back but I can't find it. Maybe they will chime in if they haven't sold it yet.

Comment

I realize money is a hassle, but if this vehicle has what you need then you should probably make arrangements to purchase it. There is not much likelihood of sheetmetal being reproduced until (if ever) Studebakers become as popular as GM Ford and Chrysler cars, all the best with yours.
                          John Clements
                          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
                            Ken I hope you have better luck in getting pics from Bob on the friends 64 Commander as I talked to Bob about this same cars a few years back and the owner was not willing to drag it out for photos.
                            Tom
                            Tom. your right that is the same car as before, the CP is gone so maybe the 64 is easier to get at, it is 100 miles away from me and owner is not always around as he like to head out on his bike at times I can call him, as for the price when he puts a price on something it is firm and does not want to haggle about Ask Nels nephew he almost lost the chance on getting his 64 Daytona 2 door hard top 4 speed car when he started question the price and as for shipping he could care less what it cost someone else to ship it , if you want it buy it and the rest is your problem, he is just one of those guys that don't haggle, as for more pictures maybe I do have a few of areas of the car but not much.

Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

The trunk lid alone is worth it for that car.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X