64 Lark dash toggle switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Lark dash toggle switches

There are 4 white toggle switches on the 64 lark dash (they have the grooves on the front). Are all 4 of these switches different? Three seem to have a different part number in the parts book and I can't find the fourth part number. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Studefan, the fourth could be the wiper switch which I believe is listed in the Body Parts Catalog under the wiper section (section 2147 or 2149 or somewhere around there). Going by memory here so don't hold me to it.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Being as I haven't seen anyone carrying these switches for a couple years, how do they react to white paint?
      Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I would treat them as painting vinyl/plastic, with an adhesive promoter and than color.
        Tom
        sigpic

Comment

Try Cutler-Hammer: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=rockette

Craig

Comment

There are a couple on ebay right now if you are looking for replacements.

Mark

Comment

Who needs white rocker switches??
              Attached Files

Comment

I think there are 2 different switches making up the 4 of them.
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

The smooth surface ones are the "New Improved" version, changed in late '64-'65. There were a lot of failures with the "Grooved" surface ones so they were superceded by the smooth type.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

But if a '64 switch is just discolored, can they be painted as opposed to replaced.
                    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      The smooth surface ones are the "New Improved" version, changed in late '64-'65. There were a lot of failures with the "Grooved" surface ones so they were superceded by the smooth type.
                      I've never heard of a complaint on the 64 rocker switches. They were not superseded. When the 65s came out they had different switches (differing ONLY in appearance). 64 rocker switches were white with a ribbed surface; 65s were white with a smooth surface; 66s were black with a smooth surface. The inside workings of the switches were identical through all 3 years (and thus totally interchangeable). Many years ago they were listed in Cole Hersee catalogues (automotive vendor).

Comment

Check your pm....Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniac View Post
                          I've never heard of a complaint on the 64 rocker switches. They were not superseded. When the 65s came out they had different switches (differing ONLY in appearance). 64 rocker switches were white with a ribbed surface; 65s were white with a smooth surface; 66s were black with a smooth surface. The inside workings of the switches were identical through all 3 years (and thus totally interchangeable). Many years ago they were listed in Cole Hersee catalogues (automotive vendor).
                          We (I was) were selling tons of these smooth ones to replace the ribbed ones that failed early that we could no longer get from the SASCO Plant 8 supply at Avanti Parts Div. of Newman & Altman in '69-'72 at Frost and French Studebaker West Coast Depot in L.A.
                          Last edited by StudeRich; 12-02-2012, 06:51 PM.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Starlight, did you send me a PM? Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                              There are 4 white toggle switches on the 64 lark dash (they have the grooves on the front). Are all 4 of these switches different? Three seem to have a different part number in the parts book and I can't find the fourth part number. Any thoughts are appreciated.
                              r1lark is correct in stating that the wiper switch is the 'odd man out'.The grooved switch should be P/N 1561520 and the smooth switch should be P/N 1565152.I am in the process of re-wiring/restoring a dashboard using 1966 (black) switches.The headlight switch is 1 part number, the inst. lamps and heater motor switches are another, and the wiper switch is yet a third.Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X