Very good Studebaker day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very good Studebaker day.

I had been told by a good friend of mine that some Studebaker parts may be available soon. Well today was the day to take off and go get them. My oldest son is home visiting from the Air Force and he expressed some interest in going. We loaded up and headed west, myself, my 17 year old James and my oldest, Justin. After a stop at a Waffle House on the way, we arrived, ready to plunder through some Stude stuff. Most of the parts were in the attic of a shop, so up a ladder we went. We found some 51 bullet nose parts and some other neat stuff.
    Thank goodness for some strong young men. A fully loaded door is pretty heavy when you try and wrestle it down a ladder. We got loaded and made arrangements to go back for some more stuff that will require a trailer.
    We made it home without any problems and got everything unloaded. What a good day to spend with family and friends.
    If anyone needs some 51 stuff, let me know. I'll be putting some things on the swap page.
    Attached Files
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

hi jamie,

looks like a good "haul"!

i haven't come close to going thru my newly acquired '51 (Tom's Car), but there may be a few things i could use. let me know before you hit that stash again and i may have a few things i could purchase if available...
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Do you have a good left front fender?
      Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
        Do you have a good left front fender?
        Uh oh, something happen to Ol Bullet?

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
          Uh oh, something happen to Ol Bullet?
          In 1995 Ole'Bullet T-boned a Blazer. Since then the left front fender has been mostly Bondo. Still looks good but if we could find a good one...
          Neil Thornton

Comment

No front fenders or hood. If I come across any on my next trip, I'll let you know.
            Jamie McLeod
            Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
            1958 Commander "Christine"
            1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
            1955 Commander Sedan
            1964 Champ
            1960 Lark

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
              In 1995 Ole'Bullet T-boned a Blazer. Since then the left front fender has been mostly Bondo. Still looks good but if we could find a good one...
              That I knew, I was just afraid something had happened recently.

Comment

Working...
              X