Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Northeast members!!!Please check in...we're praying for you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Northeast members!!!Please check in...we're praying for you.

This morning, it seems that forum participation is waaay down. We have several active forum participants in the path of this huge storm. I know you are busy, many are dealing with unforeseen and unimaginable problems. Many probably don't have power or facilities. When you are able...please check in and let us know you are OK.

God bless you and I'd like for you to know I'm pulling for you.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

All cool here in CNY. Lost power at 8:15 last night, still not back as of 6:45 when I left for work. No damage to any properties though. Was not nearly as bad here as predicted- as usual. I didn't buy milk and bread and batteries and fill the tub with water like so many always do<G> but I did sit up and read and surf the 'net. Good ol' trusty iPhone
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Checking in from Western New York. Some wind but most water damage near Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. Am most concerned about the New York Chapter down state near NYC.
      Peter Bishop

Comment

Hoping all the "Nor-Easters" are doing fine. We are feeling the winds in Chicago area as they are also whipping the waves up on Lake Michigan. Sandy has got to be one of the largest hurricanes that have hit the states in a long time as it was an estimated 900 miles across it. Stay safe everyone affected by it.
        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

The center hasn't hit us yet and it weakens but we've had constant rain for two days. The ground is saturated and higher winds tonight and tomorrow will knock over some trees. My brother in Virginia is without power and my sister near WVa is getting snow. I have water running through the basement but it is exiting the floor drain under the '53. Prayers for those greatly effected to the east. All of New England is preparing for multiple tornadoes.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

So far, good to hear from you that have weathered the storm OK. Here, in upstate SC, we got some wind, clouds, a little rain, and the temperature has plummeted. The worst damage here is that the poorly welded smoke stack on my re-purposed hot water heater/incinerator was blown off and the wind plucked some lose feathers from my molting laying hens.

One benefit was the wind shook my pecan tree and I gathered about three gallons of pecans this morning.

If memory serves me right, Studegary and Flatheadgeorge are in the storm's path and have not checked in. Hope they are OK.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Now checking in from the Hudson Valley.
              We had rain and the highest wind gusts that I can ever remember. Our power was out for 11 hours, but is now back on. The street right behind our house still does not have power. An advantage to living on one of the main streets.
              We didn't lose any trees, yet, just had a lot of branches down. I only cleared the driveway so far so that Cathy can get out to a doctor's appointment this afternoon (appointment moved from yesterday to earlier today to this afternoon by the doctor's office).
              The neighbor in back had a VERY large pine tree come down. It broke off about 15 feet up the tree. It only landed in the street and his front yard.
              We didn't get the newspaper delivered today and have not seen or heard any local news, so I do not know how the rest of Dutchess County is doing.
              In the storm last October, with snow on the trees that still had leaves, we had a LOT more tree damage, including one that punched a hole through the roof of our home.
              Last edited by studegary; 10-30-2012, 10:28 AM. Reason: missing n
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Good to hear your OK Gary .
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thanks for thinking of us. We were very lucky here in Amish Country, wind and rain, some minor flooding. We were expecting much worse! Our thoughts and and prayers to those in the badly hit areas.
                  Jim
                  I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Just spoke to Ed Jones (jts359 here on the Forum) he lives in Beachwood NJ near Toms River. They are ok, just some downed trees, no power since Monday afternoon. Needless to say, with no idea when the power will be restored, their Reedsville plans are cancelled.
                    Jim
                    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

John,thanks for the concern ! we are good here in the North East tip of CT.,power must have went off and on at least 30 times yesterday from about 2:30pm - 5:30pm but did'nt loose it.I even figured on needing the gen. when I got up this morning but "NADA" <GGGGGGGGGG> and went to work as usual BUMMER.
                      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Everything quiet now in Boston, the good old '83 Avanti got Me to work early today (6AM EST)... high winds and flooded streets this morning.....piece of cake compared to a winter blizzard though!

Comment

I noticed that FlatheadGeo is in Staten Island. Although I have not heard it mentioned in the news, that area seems to be sandwiched in the heart of the turmoil. Hope he's OK.
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

We're in Easton,PA,1 hour north of Phila.-lots of trees down ,no electricity,cable,phone not even cell. Everyone is safe though . Right now plans for Reedsville are off.
                            Rob in PA.

Comment

The path of this storm reminded me of Hurricane Hazel in September of 1954 in which I was heavily involved in rescue efforts. Like Hazel, Sandy veered inland across the Pennsylvania mountains and right into southern Ontario. This time most everyone was prepared. Here in Dundas, we were without power for 15 hours and cable for about 17 hours. That meant no TV or an ability to access the internet. Even our telephone land line comes to us through cable. It actually was kind of fun to listen to a portable radio and read by candlelight. That was certainly a long-lost activity returning by necessity. Glad to hear everyone who responded is safe.
                              Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
                              X