Avanti Four Speed Shifter Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Four Speed Shifter Value?

I'm cleaning out my parts stash and came across a complete 4 speed shifter assembly for an Avanti. Does anyone know the going rate for something like that?

Thanks,
    Nick

How about this? Anybody know the going rate for a Lark or Hawk 4 speed shifter?

Nick

Comment

Condition? Might help those who want one for a restoration.
      PackardV8

Comment

Not to be ugly, but my luck with the Hawk 4 speed shifter leads me to not want another one.

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
          Condition? Might help those who want one for a restoration.
          The shifter itself would need to be rechromed for a show car, but the rest of the assembly is in good condition.

Comment

I have rebuilt them with new bushings, and they still don't work as well as a Hurst!
            Even new they were not the best, pretty vague as to what gear you were going into next. They need a stiffer detent spring to find neutral.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
              I have rebuilt them with new bushings, and they still don't work as well as a Hurst!
              I'm sure you've seen the old ads reproduced in the Avanti magazine...Hurst offered a special Avanti shiter kit for conversions back in the day.
              Were any installed by dealers? In other words, if someone had one in his car could he get it past show judges and "stock-only" purists?
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Hurst didn't release their Avanti shifters until post-Studebaker, so it wouldn't qualify as "stock only" to purists, no matter how much of an improvement it was. It was probably the stock manual shifter for Avanti Motors.
                Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
                X