54 Stude coupe restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 54 Stude coupe restoration

Posting a few shots of John Millers 1954 coupe. He aquired it from me in the condition the first picture represents, this past spring. He chose one of his client's to paint the car. Somewhere along the way they also made some sweet changes to the original piece. She is ready for the interior installation. Unfortunately John is booked till August next. If it was my car ....and my interior shop....as soon as KS Customs completes the 3 speed on the floor conversion and lowers the front a bit.....I would rationalize putting it in front of his clients in the name of "advertising". Not John...he said he will use the time to make certain of the inside color compliments the shades of gray outside.....only the way he can.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mike super; 09-06-2012, 01:40 PM.

very tasteful clean custom. I LIKE IT
    sigpic
    JohnP, driving & reviving
    60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Is the engine back in it yet?
      The nose needs to come down a tad...
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        Is the engine back in it yet?
        The nose needs to come down a tad...
        You are correct....as stated in the initial post it is at my friend's Kent's shop getting a 3 speed installed and nose dropped up to 2 inches. The engine is in it.....just a 6 cylinder for this next year. He is looking for an LS1 to install down the road.

Comment

Ditto what allstateguy has posted!!!!
          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

A very nice use of different body parts off different years. I have a 61 that I was going to de-wing and use the 53 bumper with 56 tail lights but now I may just clip its wings. Are the 56 fiberglass wings, (fins), repoped? How about the check mark pot metal piece?

Jon Kammer

Comment

Originally posted by 3x2stude View Post
              A very nice use of different body parts off different years. I have a 61 that I was going to de-wing and use the 53 bumper with 56 tail lights but now I may just clip its wings. Are the 56 fiberglass wings, (fins), repoped? How about the check mark pot metal piece?

Jon Kammer
              I got all the 56 items from Dwayne Jacobsen of Midwest Studebaker out your way in Wisconsin.....fins....all stainless. There are others who have these parts at swap meets and stude shows.

Comment

that looks really nice jimmijim
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                X