Seat and Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat and Jack

What years lower seat cushions or seat frames are the same on sedans, 48 to 58? Also, are the jacks the same 48 to 58 and up? I'm in need of a seat cushion and a jack, hold own plate and bolt For a wagon.
    Kim

You will need the Body Parts Catalogs from 1947 to 1958 to find out where the year breaks are, there will be several over that many years.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Hey S R,
      Good to see your wisdom back in print here. Do you fellows have a good seat cushion for 57/58?
      Kim

Comment

You can make a generalization that seat cushions designs are basically 47-52, and then 53-58.

There are many variations, such as split seat backs for cars with two doors and solid backs for cars with four doors. rear seats vary wildly based on body style as well.

Within each of those two basic design years, there are lots of variations in design and trim, so you cannot say with certainty that everything is interchangeable.

If we knew what your car was (year and body style) and also which particular cushion you are looking for (front, rear, bottom, back), we could do a much better job of giving advice.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
        10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
        56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
        60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

It's a 58 2 door wagon. All I need is the bottom seat cushion,(it lifts out) doesn't matter 2 door or 4, bottom cushion front doesn't care. I'm not interested in trim, fabric, cover. I need the spring unit. I picked one up at Tom K's place in the rain and couldn't tell much about it, was soggy wet and looked the best of what we found. Got it home, stripped it and needs border wire re worked and some of the connecting springs between the coils springs. I don't want to spend $40.00 for materials on a rusty $20.00 cushion. I may be wrong, seat frame indicates front seat, as the sedan rear seat is attached to the body and wagon rear seats sit on a platform and a folding upper flat piece.
          Thanks for the help so far,
          Kim

Comment

Originally posted by kamzack View Post
            It's a 58 2 door wagon. All I need is the bottom seat cushion,(it lifts out)

Kim
            A front bottom cushion from a 53-58 sedan, not coupe, should do the trick.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
            10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
            56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
            60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Now, does anyone have a front bottom cushion for a 53-58 sedan, not coupe? Please
              Kim

Comment

Still in need.
                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X