Studebaker-Packard Dealer Gering, Ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker-Packard Dealer Gering, Ne

This guy has turned the old Studebaker dealership in to museum and man cave.

This was removed from the old Packard Plant

It's a pretty cool place, ain't it?
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

My sharp eye spots a yellow " 38 " . .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZM 2012 017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1675237

The '38 is pretty much original except the paint. The Zaner family has had it for a long time.
        Carey
        Packard Hawk

Comment

Did you happen to get the name on the building behind the blue sign?
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

The sign on the dealer show room is Orphan Motor Co.

Comment

As a kid in the mid 60s and up to the early 70s my dad would go to Union Nebr. to a Studebaker dealer on Main St. to get truck parts. The dealership was closed but stuffed full of parts and some Studebaker cars. You could track the fella down in town and he would come open the door. Guess that's long gone, just wondering.
              1942 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan * 1952 Studebaker Champion Regal * 1954 Studebaker Commander Regal Starlight * 1967 Thunderbird Hdtp * 1969 Continental Mark III * 1969 Mercury Marquis convertible * 1972 Buick Riviera * 1973 Continental Mark IV * 1978 Glass Top Lincoln Town Car * 1983 Mercedes 300SD * 1986 Dodge RAM 4WD * 1999 Infiniti Q45

Comment

Larry Wysel, the son, took over the parts business after Ray Wysel, his Dad, the man your Dad bought parts from, passed away. The roof of the building the parts and some cars were in collapsed at some point. Everything in there had been getting wet for years and the cars ,including a Speedster, really suffered. Larry sold some stuff to Vic Phillips of Phillips Auto Glass , the rest of the inventory was purchased by Stephen Allen Studebaker in Florida, who has since sold out to Studebakers West. My vending partner and myself tried to purchase the inventory from Larry Wysel before he sold it to the other parties,but were unsuccessfull. And now you know the rest of the story!
                Originally posted by poweroptions View Post
                As a kid in the mid 60s and up to the early 70s my dad would go to Union Nebr. to a Studebaker dealer on Main St. to get truck parts. The dealership was closed but stuffed full of parts and some Studebaker cars. You could track the fella down in town and he would come open the door. Guess that's long gone, just wondering.
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Frank thanks for the history. Man I hate change. I was in hopes it was still there. The building and showroom is still in my minds eye. I remember oggling the cars as dad and Mr Wysel would talk for hours on end. We had a Studebaker grain truck and my dad restored Conestoga covered wagons that we hauled to Nebraska City, Aksarben,Sydney Iowa rodeo events pulled by out team of brown swiss oxen. Fond fond memories. Us kids were in the wagon in the grand entry or parades down main street and we'd throw candy out to the onlookers. I have pictures all of a simplier and better time. Again thank you!
                  Last edited by poweroptions; 08-21-2012, 08:31 AM.
                  1942 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan * 1952 Studebaker Champion Regal * 1954 Studebaker Commander Regal Starlight * 1967 Thunderbird Hdtp * 1969 Continental Mark III * 1969 Mercury Marquis convertible * 1972 Buick Riviera * 1973 Continental Mark IV * 1978 Glass Top Lincoln Town Car * 1983 Mercedes 300SD * 1986 Dodge RAM 4WD * 1999 Infiniti Q45

Comment

Working...
                  X