Well, you could say I am new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, you could say I am new here

Hello to all, My name is Keaton and I am the son of Don Wallace (Oldguy). As you may or may not know my father has passed away and left me to the stude. He had made many friends on here and this community helped him a great deal when working on the project. Amongst a great deal of things my father taught me, passion for cars is a very special one. He taught me as much as he could and I enjoyed priceless late nights working on our first project together, a 28 Model A. He had a certain eye for things which was unique from other car builders I have seen. He made it clear that if I was to finish the studebaker I would do it my way and build the car for me. I am excited for the project but I am smart enough to know that I won't know everything it will take to build the car. I will be doing a slightly more extreme build than he had planned but plan on keeping the same overall look. I am however a 21 year old college student so my time (and money) will have to be carefully managed for success. I look forward to meeting some of you that gave him advice in the past and to meet the future ones as well.

Keaton sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. We will try and guide you through the process. What Model Studebaker are you going to be working on? Welcome to the forum
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

A big hello Keaton from the Aussie forum members.
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Welcome aboard, Keaton. Let us know how we can help.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I too am sorry to hear of your father's passing. Good to remember that we are all merely passing though, and are but caretakers of the things we are accused of owning. Your father provided you with a legacy to continue, and it looks like you have your feet on the ground and eyes wide open. Welcome to our cyber campfire. I look forward to your contributions and wish you the best.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Hello Keaton, I am new to the forum as well, this is only my 2nd post. I am sorry to hear of your father's passing. It's difficult to loose your father when you are only 21, I was only 27 when my father died. My father was also responsible for introducing me to the antique car hobby, and when I was 17(in 1988), he bought me a 1964 Studebaker Commmander, with my money, for my daily driver. It was his idea of keeping me safe, since I had my eyes on a muscle car with nothing less than V8 power. I joined the SDC soon after that, but my membership didn't last long, just a couple of years. A few years ago, I had the idea I should get another Studebaker and I found my 64 Daytona and joined the club again, and just went to my first international meet. What a treat that was. Anyhow its nice to see someone young with the interest to join the club and own a Studebaker.

Todd

Comment

Welcome Keaton! I will also add my condolences for the loss of your father. I hope your Studebaker project will continue your memory of him. The crew here is always very helpful and we are happy to have you among us. Folks like you are the future of our club. And speaking of the club, I encourage you to use some of your limited funds to become a member of the Studebaker Drivers Club, if you are not already. The resources that membership provides are invaluable. Best wishes with your Studebaker.
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Glad to see your carrying your father's torch. Sorry to hear about your Dad. I too am carrying my Dad's legacy. Dad brought me up around Studes and sadly passed away about nine years ago at a young 63. We had sold all of his parts and 2 pick ups. As fate would have it my wife spotted me looking at my Hawk on ebay four years ago and conveinced me to buy it ( sorry fellas both of her sisters are married). I bought my dream car ironically enough on Dad's birthday. More than once I wished he was around to ask questions. You'll discover that this forum is the next best thing. Welcome!!
                sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                J.D.

Comment

Welcome Keaton
                  Your dad and I shared many of e-mails after we met here on the Forum.
                  He was frustrated that his health was not allowing him to be out in the garage working on his cars.
                  As Street Rodders we shared a common past. And he had many suggestions when he saw that I was trying to gather information on putting a rack & pinion in my wifes 61 Hawk.
                  He did enjoy the Forum and was filling the time he couldn't be out in the garage with being here on the Forum watching the progress of other members cars, and sending us advice and pictures of things he had found on the net.
                  We will miss him dearly.
                  Glad to here you have inherited his love of cars. It sometimes skips a generation, as it was your Dad's hobby when you were a kid, not yours.
                  We do hope you will stay with the Forum and enjoy your Studebaker by sharing it with the members here!
                  Good Roads
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Keaton, I am very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing.
                    I think it would be appropriate for others to read what I just read; it is one of his last posts.

A very brave man, he will be missed.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Keaton, it is wonderful to have you here. Your dad was amazing. His signature was the FIRST (and maybe only) one that made me laugh and I memorized it. You had better be here often.

Comment

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.
                        And to those that he found friends in and good times when he couldn't be wrenching. I really do appreciate all of you and plan to be on here as often as possible.

Comment

Welcome Keaton..
                          I knew your Dad from here and hotrodders.com

A good man..and a good son..
                          we're here..would really enjoy seeing your project progress..and whatever questions or help..don't hesitate..
                          Last edited by parts2; 08-14-2012, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Hi Keaton
                            I have been away from the Forum for a while, as I have been working on my current project "Miss Piggy" day and night for the past couple of months.
                            So I missed your dads last posts.
                            Wish I had seen them, as I would have liked to have said good bye.
                            Please keep us posted on your progress with your 53.
                            I will be building mine right along side you.
                            And maybe we can have them parked side by side some day.
                            Good Roads
                            Brian
                            Brian Woods
                            woodysrods@shaw.ca
                            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
                            X