Proving grounds video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proving grounds video

There were numerous people shooting video at the proving grounds, both in cars and and from the 2nd turn. Has anyone posted them where we can see them? Ric DiOrio sent me a link to one he took that had our car in it and that was cool.

Pat
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

I took one from inside my car but I'm having nothing but trouble trying to upload it to YouTube. I might have to split it into three videos since it's 18 minutes long or I might try to put it on photobucket if they still allow videos. I took some of the drags that I like to post too.
    I'd like to to see that video you mentioned if you stil have the link.

Comment

I have AWESOME footage from my GoPro camera. Some have said it was two laps, and I don't know where that came from because we actually went around maybe half a dozen or better. It was shot from a fixed mount above the roof, alternating between forward-facing and backward. You clearly see most of the cars; it looks like a highway scene from the 60s, only all Studes In all, it's about 19 minutes.

Here's the problem I have though: my new computer can handle the video, but I'm on an air card since I can't get cable on my road, so I can't upload it. I have cable at the lake house, but all our computers there are too old and can't handle the video. So I'd love to share it, but I'm stuck. The answer seems to be to buy a new laptop, but that's not gonna happen any time soon...

Maybe the answer is to find somebody with the knowledge and equipment that will format and upload it to the 'net; I could easily mail them the SD card. Anyone up for that?
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
        I'd like to to see that video you mentioned if you stil have the link.
        The video Ric sent me the link to is only about 10 seconds long, I am hesitant to post a link since he sent it to me privately.
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
          Has anyone posted them where we can see them? Pat
          That's a tough question to answer. Why?

Because many SB threads were started in the wrong Forum instead of where the belong.
          Now they are getting lost in this mess of a General Fourm...

I've given up trying to find pictures/video from last week.
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
            There were numerous people shooting video at the proving grounds, both in cars and and from the 2nd turn. Has anyone posted them where we can see them? Ric DiOrio sent me a link to one he took that had our car in it and that was cool.

Pat
            I posted four video urls in Post #15 of this thread- http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...roving-grounds
            One is a little over a minute long. I have others that I didn't post because of size.
            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
            X