Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avantilover
    replied
    Sonny would likely say it's due to your ISP or perhaps spam coming from another of their customers , send him an email at this address. racingstude at pbtcomm dot net

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    I just tried it & I'm banned too. It says I'm a spammer & my I.P. address has identified me as such. News to me!!

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    Thanks to Sonny all is OK. Just had a quick look with no problems.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by lark63 View Post
    I have been banned as a spammer, how can I get unbanned?
    'Looks like Sonny might be able to help. Send him a PM with particulars through this forum. BP

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    Received Sonny's email and have registered. Hopefully tomorrow I can see images, thanks all for the advice

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    Last edited by avantilover; 06-30-2012, 02:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lark63
    replied
    I have been banned as a spammer, how can I get unbanned?

Leave a comment:

• Sonny
    replied
    Originally posted by avantilover View Post
    This site (RS) is the pits - everytime a post like this is made Hostlcan error 403 is displayed, perhaps it should be merged with this forum which works? I just tried getting to the home page but this same Hostlcan error 403t. I realize the site has issues but other sites let you view the link. Can this be permanently fixed, otherwise there is no point mentioning it and supplying links to it.

Perhaps it's been hacked yet again as one link appears half in Hungarian???
    Hi John! I'm VERY sorry that you're having trouble seeing the racing site. Jeff is correct, the site had been sacked so badly that drastic measures had to be taken. Actually, It was an effort between myself and the ISP who hosts the racing site. We tried, in vain, to contact all of the offending Asian & European ISPs where the worst activity was coming from. Result? Just TWO ISPs even answered! This did help, but of course, not enough. My ISP, HostIcan took it upon itself to start banning the worst offenders, much of it is out of my hands. They have spent a TON of time and money to get and keep their server secure, trust me, I know what they were going through! Since their identification of and banning the "bad guys", there has been a welcome end to the attacks.

The problem for our brothers "down under" is that most of the Australian internet service goes through the Asian Basin, primarily Hong Cong, where the hacking is epidemic! However, sometimes we are able to "un-ban" individual people. As long as it isn't a really bad ISP, I can submit individual ISP addresses to HostIcan for trying to "open the channel". Honestly, I HATE that such extreme measures keeps my friends and any Studebaker person away! Please send me an email and let's see if we can get you fixed up.

Oh! I'm not sure why you're getting a "half-Hungarian" link, but mebbe because the racing site was also moved to a new server! Please clean out ALL of your browser and internet temporary files & cache, completely, then try again. Please email me. Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Thanks so much for the explanation, Jeffster. I've not had any trouble, either.

Good observations. I hope John and Sonny can work it out so John's ISP gets unblocked, or some other method whereby John can view the material on Sonn'y's site, which is always interesting. BP

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    It's the eurospammers.
    Sonny's site is great.
    But he has been hacked, invaded, and screwed around so many times by spammers (mostly in eastern Europe), that he has blocked a lot of non-USA ISP sources.
    So... You are suffering a lack of access because of the activities of others.
    There is nothing personal about what he has done. It's just an insurance method to protect the site.
    Maybe you should send sonny a private e-mail and ask him if he could unblock your particular ISP and allow you access.
    Send Sonny a note at: racingstude at pbtcomm dot net
    He'll be glad to try and help you out...
    Jeff

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
    This site (RS) is the pits - everytime a post like this is made Hostlcan error 403 is displayed, perhaps it should be merged with this forum which works? I just tried getting to the home page but this same Hostlcan error 403t. I realize the site has issues but other sites let you view the link. Can this be permanently fixed, otherwise there is no point mentioning it and supplying links to it.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    John- I've heard of this before, yet I've never once had a problem getting on to Sonny's website, including today.

It's something to do with your computer, or your server, or something like that- not the RS site. I wish I had an answer for you, but I know very little about computers.

Hope you find out where your problem is.

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    started a topic Coming Up: 1963 R2 Lark Muscle Car Profile

Coming Up: 1963 R2 Lark Muscle Car Profile

COOL BEANS:

Working...
X