No announcement yet.

Silver Hawk / pillared coupe, body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will email pix 2-U. Body is a solid one from W TX but will need some minimal floor repair, or you could save a big bundle & buy my 65K original mile OK Silver Hawk driver.

Comment

Here's another thought. If you get the body shell from Barry, one of these folks that thinks fixing yours is not a big deal will surely want to buy it and fix it for themselves
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I don't believe anyone thought fixing a C/K body is not a big deal. We were trying to help. What are you trying to do?
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

If it were my choice I'd go with Barry. But also I would go one step further & media blast the inner panels first, then spray on some POR 15 over the inner panels, reassemble the outer fenders, caulk & paint the exterior. Up to 1964 Studebaker never did anything for rust prevention & the 64 proceedure was a stop gap at best. The other manufacturers were starting to dip their cars in at least a primer solution, but Studebaker, with its antique plant in South Bend, couldn't do anything like that, so we're stuck today with what we have. Fortunatly there are better materials out there today & when we invest our time & sweat the outcome is alot better.
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

The better piece you begin with the better the end result.

Easy for anyone to say they addressed worse case scenerios and survived. NOT ME.....my 6th sense precludes projects so ambitious it is detrimental to my wallet....for my time effort and engery is worth more.

Comment

Originally posted by mike super View Post
              The better piece you begin with the better the end result.

Easy for anyone to say they addressed worse case scenerios and survived. NOT ME.....my 6th sense precludes projects so ambitious it is detrimental to my wallet....for my time effort and engery is worth more.
              I certainly can't disagree with your thoughts Mike, but there are some of us out here that just enjoy taking the time and lower cost of fabing our panels, doing our mechanicals and owning more than we could if we had most of the work done. That's why it's a great hobby because it has room for about any method and concept an individual can harbor.

Avanti, Bob

Comment

You nailed it Bob....there is more than a single means to an end. I but voiced my opinion. I concur....to each their own.
                Last edited by mike super; 06-30-2012, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                  I don't believe anyone thought fixing a C/K body is not a big deal. We were trying to help. What are you trying to do?
                  Honestly, as indicated by the smiley face at the end of my post, I was making a joke. Sorry if you did not see it as that.
                  Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA
                  Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

If it's financially possible and Barry has a good price. That's the way to go. JMHO, Tex

Comment

I understand, Pat. I did take offence, but respect others' opinions.
                      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Even swapping a rusty body for a solid shell,there's still plenty of work after that-to "make it your own" or to "know what you have" I repaired my own shell,likely about as bad as the OP's.. If I had to do it again,I'd definitely start with a solid shell.
                        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
                        X