Another Studebaker to save- '40 President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Studebaker to save- '40 President

My son was driving by a salvage yard near Mt Airy, MD and saw this car out front for sale. Pics are poor, but it looks like a '40 President to me. He said it was pretty solid and the hood side panels are in the car. In case you can't read the info on the windshield, this is what it says- "For Sale, '40 Studebaker Asking $1,000 call with offer 301-829-7711 have salvage cert"
    Attached Files
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Could be a '40 President or Commander depending upon whether a Six or an Eight. They looked identical except for the longer nose on the President.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
      Could be a '40 President or Commander depending upon whether a Six or an Eight. They looked identical except for the longer nose on the President.
      Did the Commander have the same glass tail lights as the President? I thought they were different on the Commander.

Comment

Originally posted by M15 Trucker View Post
        Did the Commander have the same glass tail lights as the President? I thought they were different on the Commander.
        The tail lights were identical on the Commander and President as was the entire body. You may be thinking of the Champion which was totally different in all respects.
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
          After I posted that I started thinking it may be a Commander. My son looked at the engine. I'll ask him if it was a six or an eight.
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
          X