Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Crap..... we bought a garage.... with a detached house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Crap..... we bought a garage.... with a detached house!

Finally.... the Stude and I will be under the same roof.... well on the same plot of land! Close by end of next month!

2 car detached garage with loft and office space. + 1300sqft house and large yard.
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Congratulations on owning a home! Now all your dollars will go towards buying hoses, ladders, curtains, washers and dryers, and your time will go towards painting, cleaning, floor polishing, and fixing all sorts of little things.

The Studebaker will be on the back burner for quite a while - unless your wife is an exceptionally tolerant lady.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I have a 2 1/3 car detached garage & a 1100 sq.ft. home & still wish I had more room,be careful U don't fill the garage with crap .Congrats on the purchase & leave room for the cars.

Comment

That's good news, Sean. Congrats and happy garage-filling. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
          Congratulations on owning a home! Now all your dollars will go towards buying hoses, ladders, curtains, washers and dryers, and your time will go towards painting, cleaning, floor polishing, and fixing all sorts of little things.

The Studebaker will be on the back burner for quite a while - unless your wife is an exceptionally tolerant lady.
          Curtains, paint, new carpet, appliances etc are all included.. except washer n dryer. My wife is pretty understanding about wanting to work on the car. She has even said, "we will never see you again if we get this house."

Originally posted by kmul221 View Post
          I have a 2 1/3 car detached garage & a 1100 sq.ft. home & still wish I had more room,be careful U don't fill the garage with crap .Congrats on the purchase & leave room for the cars.
          I really have no plans to obtain crap. I want to have an organized space. It will be quite the different experience from what I currently have. It also comes with built in work benches with craftsmen-looking sliding drawers. It is a thing of beauty.

Comment

You don't own a house, it owns YOU. Congratulations though. Like kmul221 said, be careful you don't fill it up. I have a 1725 sq ft house with a 580 sq ft attached garage and a 1680 sq ft shop that is getting too small. Cars can take up a lot of room when they are disassembled!

Comment

Don't get going on a square foot thread like that number of cylinders thread
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks y'all. I am not sure as to the square footage of the garage. But it is more than enough for me and a few toys. There is only one room that will need to be painted... its current color is bright turquoise. My daughter loved it, but I thought it was too dark. So it will be changed accordingly.

Comment

Funny title.. Best of luck with the house..Hey here's an idea......Give the wife old Stude Paint Color Charts and at least each room can be done in a Stude color. Oh Ermine White for the Master Bedroom I can just see it!

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
                    There is only one room that will need to be painted... its current color is bright turquoise. My daughter loved it, but I thought it was too dark. So it will be changed accordingly.
                    make it her bedroom!

paint it later, you have more important work to do...
                    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

She has already picked the bedroom and called dibs on the closet. It was built in the 40's/early 50's so closet space in minimal

Comment

Congrats on getting a garage, and a house for the wife, that Studie will be looking fine in the future.
                        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

First bit of advice for a guy that has a bigger shop than a house,... build a big shed!

Allen
                          1964 GT Hawk
                          PSMCDR 2014
                          Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                          PSMCDR 2013
                          Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

As 63 R2 Hawk pointed out, "you don't own a house", & I don't know what it's over there but here you pay tax every year for it & if you don't you'll be punished!
                            ...so in my opinion that means that you're only renting it from the government no matter how much you paid for it "buying" it.
                            But I sure hope you Americans are luckier than us Europeans in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
                              Congrats on getting a garage, and a house for the wife, that Studie will be looking fine in the future.
                              My uncle has just told me that he will throw a few bucks my way to "store" his wagon at my house..... huzzah! I can really claim 9/10ths now!

Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
                              First bit of advice for a guy that has a bigger shop than a house,... build a big shed!

Allen
                              Whats the shed for? I wont have too much to put in there

Comment

Working...
                              X