Studebaker National Museum News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker National Museum News

It occurred to me that many on the forum may not regularly receive The Studebaker National Museum periodic e-mail newsletter.

It is nicely done and "newsy" about Our Favorite Place, so here is the current installment. (I'll try to post links every so often as new ones are received). BP

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....7rlpJvWilF8%3D
    Last edited by BobPalma; 06-01-2012, 11:02 AM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Cool beans, Bob! Thanks.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Every time someone misspells 'Camaro', God kills a kitten. Or maybe a Studebacker.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Kahmero, Cahmarow, Kamarrow, Cuhmero, Camero...... how many kittens is that?
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Does that happen when "Studebacker" happens?

Comment

It's about time they started accepting PayPal, checks are vanishing in most of the world, they seem as out of date as the Studebaker. Perhaps they need younger folks operating the museum who are more accepting of 2012 payment methods???
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
              Does that happen when "Studebacker" happens?
              Naw, when that happens God kills a sloth. That's why I made sure it was spelt corect.

Bob K – that's a lot of kittens. You must be really hungry.
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                Kahmero, Cahmarow, Kamarrow, Cuhmero, Camero...... how many kittens is that?
                camerwhoa, cammairo, camiro, camairoh, kamm-air-oh, camaroe, cahmayro, camero, kuhmahro, kohmero, kamaro, kahmaroh.... i'm allergic to cats.
                1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                  It's about time they started accepting PayPal, checks are vanishing in most of the world, they seem as out of date as the Studebaker. Perhaps they need younger folks operating the museum who are more accepting of 2012 payment methods???
                  Actually, I believe the Museum had some problems with PayPal usage. Check with Andy Beckman at the Museum for the background. Perhaps he can recommend consideration for PayPal in the future. They do take VISA and MasterCard; not sure about Amex and Discover.
                  Stu Chapman

Comment

I expressed my opinion to Tom Curtis a while back and he was intending to pass them onto the fellow who runs the museum's board, perhaps he did.
                    John Clements
                    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                      Actually, I believe the Museum had some problems with PayPal usage. Check with Andy Beckman at the Museum for the background. Perhaps he can recommend consideration for PayPal in the future. They do take VISA and MasterCard; not sure about Amex and Discover.
                      Stu Chapman
                      I have purchased raffle tickets for the SNM's new car raffle every year that they have had a raffle using a credit card. This year, the SNM says that you can not use a credit card. They cite some Indiana restriction on this usage. I buy car raffle tickets all across the country using a credit card. Is Indiana that different from the rest of the USA?
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                        I have purchased raffle tickets for the SNM's new car raffle every year that they have had a raffle using a credit card. This year, the SNM says that you can not use a credit card. They cite some Indiana restriction on this usage. I buy car raffle tickets all across the country using a credit card. Is Indiana that different from the rest of the USA?
                        Gary, I see in the Museum News that Indiana Gaming Laws now prohibit the payment of lottery tickets by credit card. That was news to me. I'll ask Courtney at the Museum to post details on the forum.
                        Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                          Every time someone misspells 'Camaro', God kills a kitten. Or maybe a Studebacker.
                          What happens when they misspell "Messerschmitt?" [Which they did]

(Really, I'd like a museum to do better with their spelling.)
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                            Every time someone misspells 'Camaro', God kills a kitten.
                            No, he's a Ford fan.

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                            What happens when they misspell "Messerschmitt?"

Just be happy they didn't misspell Fokker!
                            Last edited by JBOYLE; 06-07-2012, 08:12 PM.
                            63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                            X