Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the Advice - RE: 1937 CE

Hi Gang...

After long deliberation and some SSSS (Serious Stude Sole Searching), I've decided to keep the powertrain of my 1937 Coupe Express original. You all have convinced me believe that I would be disrespecting the car with anything other than its factory given grace and trailblazing mechanical superiority. I shall forever be humbled by the thought of going 45mph on the freeway (so people can count my spokes).

Now I need someone to help me with the exterior color. What do you ya'll think about Gully Green?

SHAUN

I also think the rims might be a little too big. Should I go back down to 15"s?

SHAUN

Comment

Shaun,

If you keep the 6 cylinder engine, I would definately switch to an overdrive transmission.
      Keep the non overdrive rear axle. Great first gear starts and pretty good top end.
      That is what I did with mine and I have driven it at 70mph.
      While driving from home to Back to the 50's in St. Paul, the guys I went with followed because of the 6.
      Every 120 miles or so they had to stop and get gas and told me that I was averaging 70 mph and about three times the mileage that they were.
      The only time it gets a little dicey is when it is raining and the vacuum wipers are on. Rainx helps.

Comment

What Mike said in Post #3, Shaun; why limit yourself to 45 mph? That's why God designed overdrive!

(And Rain-X.)

(And in all seriousness; 'glad to hear of your decision.) BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

(And in all seriousness; 'glad to hear of your decision.) BP

I don't think he is being serious at all....

Cool truck, have fun with it no mater what you do with it, even if all you do with it is use it to tweak the forum members.
          TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

I hope the forum didn't intimidate you into changing your mind.

The purists here hardly ever use real tar and real feathers any more on folks that don't think EXACTLY like they do. (well, there was that one guy that TRIED to use non original fasteners on his left front fender...)

Let the rest of us know where we can follow the build and if we can help in any way.
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Even if I wanted to rod my car, there's no better source of help than SDC. My next one won't be stock, but I had to do it once and get it over with. Good luck on your ride. We're all willing to help.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

You need little dice on the valve stem caps to pull off that look.

Comment

Well!!! It's got gold spinners so you'll have Dave (studedude) eating out of your hand.

I'm with Dick S., Build it to your vision and document your build.

You'll find plenty of appreciation and help here as you can see from this post and some of us (me) live vicariously through others vision.
                  Last edited by sweetolbob; 05-29-2012, 09:06 AM.

Comment

NO NO NO....the green needs to be BIG flake with gold leaf stripes. And with those 180 spoke 24k gold wires you BETTER have hydraulics...not cheapo air bags, real crappy riding hydraulics with like 10 switches.

Forget that OD....just tow it everywhere, who needs to drive old cars? Get yourself a HERMETICALLY sealed glass trailer with a mirrored floor and some velvet ropes to keep people WAY back.
                    And DON'T skimp out on that ugly limo blackout tint, step up and pop for that cool 60's Gasser style Red, yellow or blue tint.

Now your on the right track Shaun.....lol
                    Love your sense of humor and sarcasm. You are in SD, I need to ride down and buy you a beer, or is it rootbeer still? lol.
                    Don't worry about the handful of NAY sayers. No matter what you do, someone will ALWAYS hate it. You should see my thread on the HAMB of my 49 C-cab....wow I am glad I am not the sensitive type...almost NO love for it over there. Not a whole here either...I like it though.

Rock on Shaun. Lets hook up.
                    Last edited by kmac530; 05-29-2012, 09:08 AM. Reason: just spelling

Comment

Buy me a 12 pack of High Life and some PBR for the geezers 'round here. I'm ready to start cookin!

SHAUN

Comment

Can you believe a yuppie restaurant like P.F. Changs has PBR on draft. I got one the other day there just kicks and giggles.

I will bring the High Life and some old lace so we can do some lowrider lace work over the big flake green....old school there, maybe the fogies will like that...lol

Comment

Be kind to us fogies and geezers- if you are lucky, you will become one, too!

Comment

No thanks. I might end up an old fart or just old, but never a fogie or geezer...lol

Comment

Whoa ! HA ! HA !
                              black9fourfour isn't here for information on Studebakers, he's only here trying to get a rise out of the "geezers" is all.
                              DA DA DA DAAAA "REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE"
                              He's havin fun. That's good.
                              By tweaking around with other people. Not so good.
                              Hope his car comes out as well as he has planned. Whatever he has planned.
                              AH ! Youth ain't it wonderful.
                              South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Working...
                              X