2012 Bullet Nose concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Bullet Nose concept

Found this today, and thought it was interesting. I'd like to see what someone could do for a Hawk, Starlight, and Coupe Express.

If you squint, it looks kinda like a new Mercedes CLK sedan. Kinda ironic, eh?

Ken Buchanan

Comment

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

I would drive the heck out of that!
        1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Nice, except for the front bumper. But, then again, i'm not to crazy about the one on my '51 Starlight either.

P.S. I've seen this somewhere, just can't remember where.

Dick
          Mountain Home, AR
          http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

Now THAT is a great concept of a modern rendition of a classic. That is a good representation of an iconic car brought up to modern specs in the same theme as the new Camaro or newer Mustang and Challenger....

I agree, the bumper could be MUCH better. I realize that federal regulations require 5mph impact bumpers or whatever they are now, but where does the standard say that the bumpers can not be made of metal and chrome? Even if they did that new spray on chrome stuff over a plastic/rubber/vinyl/whatever bumper. And the shape of the bumper could be better, but overall a great concept.

Comment

Originally posted by spokejr View Post
              If you squint, it looks kinda like a new Mercedes CLK sedan. Kinda ironic, eh?

Ken Buchanan
              IIRC, all new CLKs are two doors (hardtop and convertible). Perhaps you are thinking of the S class (CLS).
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I would just be happy if car companies would bring back more two doors and pillarless coupes. Seems like most everything outside of sportscars are four doors or five door hatchbacks! ugh...
                sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                Regal Deluxe Trim
                Automatic transmission
                46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  IIRC, all new CLKs are two doors (hardtop and convertible). Perhaps you are thinking of the S class (CLS).
                  Indeed Gary, you caught me on that! There was a time and place when I was just ga-ga over anything the Swabians could produce but that has been waning since the early `90's.

I still like the older Benzs but not the new. Then again, there isn't anthing I like regardless of brand that's new other than the Subaru BRZ. I do appreciate the sophistication of how well all the systems work and yet they all leave me underwhelmed and dis-connected.

KISS is becoming my motto in many ways and that is definately why I am getting more interested in getting another old car that I can do my own work on, not HAVE to rely on someone else every darn time. If you can let me opt out of the GPS, stability control, synthetic voice and let me shift my own gears using an actual clutch, count me in!

Comment

Working...
                  X