Bored SB assembly line worker??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bored SB assembly line worker??

Here is a pic of the backside a door panel off of my '64 Daytona. I know I'm not the first one to take it off, but the cartoon fiqure is drawn in black grease pencil - maybe it was sketched during a break on the assembly line???

It's possible. I know that during inspection in the body plant there was an inspector with the last name Canary. On each car he inspected that passed, he would write "OK Canary" on the firewall. I know that this survives on a few cars, but it would be interesting to see how many original painted cars this still exists on. It would have been in grease pencil.
    I know there was at least one artistic worker in the body plant. On one of the top floors in building #84 there is a bathroom stall with a rather nice drawing of a concept car on the wall. Bob Palma took a picture of it and it appeared in a 1988 edition of TW.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Looks to be related to picasso.

Dean.

Comment

The line worker knew of his impending lay-off so he was practicing to be a courtroom sketch artist. Due to his lack of artistic ability, he became lead designer for AMC.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I can't remember, is that Bevis, or Butthead?
          Funny looking hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
            The line worker knew of his impending lay-off so he was practicing to be a courtroom sketch artist. Due to his lack of artistic ability, he became lead designer for AMC.
            Now thats funny !

Dean.

Comment

Big Bertha also had an assembly line artist hard at work on the backside of the front spacer panel between the rad shutters and the fender.

Craig

Comment

Steve & Al left this note on the inside of the left door on my 85 Avanti.

Click image for larger version

Name:	85 AVI door int.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1674444

34 Studebaker Street Rod (completed)
                55 Speedster (in work)
                63 Lark R2 (completed, 63K miles)
                64 Daytona CNV (completed, 63K miles)
                64 Avanti R2 (completed)
                85 Avanti(blackout trim, 10K miles)
                89 Avanti CNV (19K miles)

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson View Post
                  Steve & Al left this note on the inside of the left door on my 85 Avanti.
                  Steve Blake perghaps?
                  63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                  X